This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Brenda R. Guerro .
Unable to resolve this error code 5 in my AOL account. Every time its showing Error code 5 while receiving or sending AOL emails.
How do I solve the AOL error 5 code?
Tammy R Fauver
AOL error code 5 or BLERK! ERROR 5 is not a big problem. It is just a temporary issue if when AOL won’t load emails from AOL server. So no need to panic.
This BLERK! ERROR 5 happens often and also can fix by following a few simple steps.
Just close all of your open browsers and restart again. Now open http://mail.aol.com and type your username and password again. Most of the time it will restart your AOL email.
The browser saves cookies and cache time to time for better performance. Sometimes it saves any bad cookies or saves cookies got corrupted. In this situation simply refresh or rest your browser.
If you have any antivirus also scan your browser history. After clearing all the save cache and cookies try to log in once again and I hope this time it will work.
Brenda R. Guerro
Generally, People get AOL error 5 on their AOL instant messenger. when Application is hanging or your computer is not responding properly.
Quite the AIM From Task manager-
In such a case, you should check the following things.
- Open the taskbar.
- Go to process and look for AOL desktop services.
- Now select the program and press the end process button.
- Once the aol desktop will be closed. you should re-open it, and try to load the file. let’s see what happens this time.
Uninstall the program –
If you have to restart the aol desktop software but still getting error 5 on your computer.
you should uninstall the program and re-install it using the latest version of aol desktop software.
To uninstall the program, you need to follow the instructions given below.
- Click on start button and type program and features in the search box. once you will get it you need to click on it to open it.
- click on AOL desktop and press the uninstall button.
- Now it will display the AOL desktop uninstall window. Just follow the instructions to uninstall the program.
- Once the desktop will be uninstalled. you need to reboot your computer.
- Now download the newer version of AOL desktop and install it. for more details you can visit: how to fix aol desktop error 104
|You must be logged in to reply to this topic.||Log In|