Why Is My AOL Not Receiving Emails?

Home Forums Email AOL Why Is My AOL Not Receiving Emails?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    James L. Hammer
    Participant

Why Can’t I receive the emails on my AOL account? It’s been more than two days; I didn’t get any new email from anyone. 

I did try to login to my AOL account on the phone, computer and another device, but none of them has new emails. 

Please assist me in troubleshooting the AOL mail not receiving emails difficulty. 

Rufus N. Mackenzie
    Participant

Troubleshoot AOL Not Receiving Emails Problem-

When your are unable to receive emails on your aol account. it may be due to many reasons. 

Here is the solution for fixing the problem. 

Step 1- Remove the available emails filters- 

If your AOL mail is not receiving new emails into the inbox folder. you should check the other webmail folders like- junk, spam, trash, etc. 

If you see your new incoming mails there, it indicates there is a filter working on your email account. 

It is separating all new emails and assigning them to other destination folders. 

In this case, you have to delete the email filters using the steps available below. 

• Let’s log in to your AOL account on the laptop or computer. 
    • Go to the mail settings and click on filters. 
    • If you see any filter working there, you need to select them and click on the delete or trash icon. 

If you face the issues related to login, you may visit: Why I can’t login to my aol account?

Step 2- Check The Server Status- 

Sometimes, You may have AOL not receiving emails issue due to the Server. 

When Server is on the update, or it is down. You won’t be capable of getting the new emails on your AOL account. 

In such a case, you have to wait until the Server starts running fine in your locality. 

To check the server status, you may directly communicate with the AOL team or visit the down detector website. 

Step 3- Disable the forwarding settings- 

If you can’t get your new emails on any folder of your AOL mail, you should check the forwarding settings. If it is enabled. you must have to disable it. 

• Travel back to the mail settings on your AOL webmail. 
    • Click on forwarding below the general settings. 
    • If you see it enabled, you need to delete the email address and click on disable. 

Step 4- Fix The Browser- 

If your AOL mail is not receiving emails on your pc, while you can see them into your phone or other application. 

It could be due to the browser issue. In such a case, you need to follow the steps given below. 

Clear the cookies, and history – 

you should clear the cookies and history on your browser and then try to login to your account again. for more details, you may visit: 

how to remove cookies on the browser? 

Update the web browser- 

you may be unable to receive the emails on the outdated browser. So you need to make sure that your browser is up to date. If there is any update pending, you should go ahead and update your browser. 

Use incognito mode or new browser-

if you have already tried the above instructions but still can’t receive emails on your AOL account. 

It would be best if you used the new browser or incognito window. 

Delivery Delay – 

Sometimes, people face AOL not receiving emails issue due to the delivery delay. 

When the Server is too busy, it may take some time to deliver your new emails. So you should leave your computer free, and wait for 5 minutes. Now refresh the inbox folder again.

Sue A. Davis
    Participant

Troubleshoot AOL Mail not receiving emails issue on iPhone- 

if you can receive emails on your computer but unable to get them on your iPhone. 

You should delete your AOL account and re-add it using the following settings. 

• Go to the settings. 
    • Click on the accounts, mail, and calendar option. 
    • Tap on your AOL account. 
    • Click on the delete account. 
    • Now tap on the OK button. 

Once you remove the account, you should reboot your iPhone and follow the steps given below. 

1. Go back to the mail settings. 
    2. Tap on the mail, accounts & calendars. 
    3. Select the add account option >> choose AOL as your mail service provider. 
    4. Type the email address, password, and full name. 
    5. Press next. 

Now you will be able to add the account again, and your email will start receiving the new emails. 

Somehow, If you face any issue with your account setup, you may visit: why is AOL mail not working on iPhone?

Dushyant Yadav
    Participant

Why I can’t receive the emails on the AOL account using the outlook or mail application?

If I use my phone or log in my AOL account through a browser, I can see new emails incoming to my account.

James Tylor
    Participant

If you are unable to receive Email from AOL Mail then follow these steps:

• Check your internet connection.
    • Check the firewall of your device is enable or disable. If it is enabled, then disable your firewall for some time and try to open AOL email.
    • Clear the cache memory of your browser and delete the cookies before you log in to your AOl account.
    • If you are still facing a problem, further uninstall the desktop gold then install the new version desktop gold on your computer.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected !!