How To Fix AOL Mail Not Receiving Emails?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Johnny L. Gruber .

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Author

James L. Hammer
    Participant

I can’t receive emails on my aol account. tried multiple methods to fix the problem.

but still unable to fix the problem. At the same time, I can send emails properly.

but can’t receive any single mail from anyone. what should I do now?

Brenda R. Guerro
    Participant

Also, I am sharing quick methods to fix the AOL mail not receiving emails issue. You can try it once by yourself.

Firstly, let me describe the basic reason for the issue.

• Email Server Problem.
    • Incorrect settings.
    • Filters have blocked incoming emails.

Those are the usual problems behind AOL mail is not receiving email issue.

Without spending more time on discussion, Let’s go ahead and try to troubleshoot the problem, you may also call AOL email expert for help.

• You should always begin by checking the AOL mail server situation. This should be up and working fine in your local area. To ensure about server situation, you may directly chat with AOL support company ask them about server status?

If they confirm, the server is down. Don’t do anything. Just wait until the server is up. Once the server will be up. Your email will start working fine.

• Try to open your AOL email on a different device. Check if you are receiving emails there or not?
    • You can’t receive emails on your account yet. It can due to the email filter problem. You may have made an email filter into your AOL account. That’s why an email might be landing somewhere else like as the junk folder or spam folder.

Gertrude Smitham
    Participant

Did you try these steps to troubleshoot the aol mail not receiving emails? If not yet, do it right now.

• Sign into your aol account using webmail services.
    • Go to account settings, and click on the filter settings.
    • Check for the email filter. if you find anyone there. delete them by yourself.
    • Now send an email to yourself from another account. let’s see if it printing it or not?

Manuel
    Participant

Are you continuously struggling with AOL mail not receiving email issue? When you are regularly encountering this kind of problem, it can be the reason to worry.

There may be many causes related to this issue like- server down, email configurations, filter issue, etc. Email Forwarding is the leading causes of not receiving emails.

You can immediately resolve most problems by using some troubleshooting actions using this guide.

Reason 1: AOL mail not receiving emails – check email filter

If there is an email filter working on your AOL account,  it can be identified as reasons behind AOL mail not getting emails.

I will advise you to delete the email filters as soon as possible. After removing the emails filters, try sending an email to yourself via another account. You will start receiving the email into the inbox folder automatically.

Reason 2: AOL mail not receiving emails: Understand delivery delays

In most cases, messages are sent correctly, but there may be a delay in transit sometimes. The problem may be due to the mail server, heavy Internet traffic, or routing problems.

But, sadly, you can not determine whether the message is delayed or not. The only possible solution for sending messages from the sender is

Reason 3: AOL mail not receiving emails: Email can be in your junk mail folder

If you notice new emails are landing into the Junk folder or deleted folder. It can occur because you may have flagged such kind of emails as spam mail. In that case, you need to follow the process given below.

Sign in to your  AOL email and click at “Junk Folder.”
    open the email that is not spam and click on “Not spam.”
    Now, whenever you will not that kind of new emails into the junk folder.

Reason 4: AOL mail not receiving emails: wrong configuration –

If you are unable to get new AOL emails into the third party applications like- outlook, lotus, etc. you should check the account configuration. You might have set up the account with the wrong information.

That’s why your email application is unable to sync with the AOL mail server. Which is leading to the can’t receive emails on AOL account problem.

Reason 5: AOL Mail does not receive the email: when you don’t get the emails when someone is sending you an email with the attachments of pictures. It can be solved by following some troubleshooting steps. Sometimes you can not see images due to server delays, because many people access your email at the same time.

So do not send an image in unsupported extensions to anyone as the other person will not be able to see it, and you may have to send it again with the supportable extension.

Reason 6: AOL Mail does not receive an email

If you have not logged into your account for a while, you may be in the process of deactivation due to inactivity. There is a possibility that you will lose some emails during the removal process.

Reason 7:  AOL mail not receiving emails:

If you can not accept the emails from any specific person. You should review the block list. Probably, you have blocked him/ her. That’s why you can’t receive the emails from them.

And if you see their email address in the list anyhow, remove it quickly so that it can go out from the blacklist. To receive the emails in future, you must have to delete their email address from the list.

Reason 8: AOL mail not receiving emails:

It happens rarely, but sometimes, people face AOL mail not receiving emails problem due to the forwarding settings. You might have enabled the forwarding settings by mistake. That’s why your email might be going to another email.

Use AOL Basic Mail:

Maybe you have a slow internet connection. That’s why your AOL account is not able to load the new emails while you refresh the folder.

So you should apply the underlying theme on your AOL mail. This theme is very light.

It does not require high speed. So your email will load fast, and download the new emails easily.

Disable pop-up blocking: If you are blocking a pop-up window in your browser while composing a message, then this may be a concern. Problems can be reached when reaching AOL Mail. You must disable the pop-up blocker or disable viewer.

Gertrude Smitham
    Participant

Hey! Let’s go ahead and check the email forwarding system. Yesterday night, I was dealing with AOL mail not receiving emails problem. My son had reviewed my email.

He understood out my emails were being delivered to somewhere else. That’s why I was not getting emails.

aol mail not receiving emails, aol mail unable to receive emails

To change the AOL mail settings (disable the AOL mail forwarding),  you may follow the steps below:

• Let’s log into your AOL account. (in case, you encounter any problem, you may visit how to fix AOL email login problems)
    • Go to AOL mail settings.
    • Click on mail forwarding and settings.
    • If you see any email there, delete it and press the ok button.

Judy C. Battiste
    Participant

I cannot receive new emails on the iPhone. I did refresh the mailbox various times. however, I did not get any new emails into my account.

the last email I had on my phone, it came at 3.30 pm.
    if I try to log in my email on my pc. it is getting all emails into my account. why am I unable to receive mail AOL account and how can I fix it.

Kay N. Grijalva
    Participant

Hey! it seems like your iPhone is unable to communicate with the AOL mail server. That’s why you are unable to receive emails from AOL on your iPhone.

Usually, this happens due to the two common reasons?

• Incorrect server address.
    • Login credential error.

You should check your email settings carefully. Be sure about the incoming & outgoing server address and port number.

If you type incorrect server address, it will not allow you to access the account on your phone.

Also, you should try to re-enter the AOL password on your phone and then try to add your account. Let’s see what happens now?

If your account is still not working? You can go to the link: how to fix can’t receive emails on AOL using iPhone and follow the steps to correct the problem.

Donato VonRueden
    Participant

Judy, Let’s install the outlook application into your phone and then configure your aol account into it.
    Now send a test mail to yourself. I think it should be working fine now.

Kay N. Grijalva
    Participant

Easy way to fix aol mail not receiving problem-

1. Log into your aol account on a browser.
    2. Now go to the settings and click on email forwarding settings.
    3. If you can see any address in the block list. you need to go ahead and delete them.

Eric Nelson
    Participant

If you get error can’t receive AOL Emails. Then don’t flutter, follow the below steps to receiving emails in AOL mail:

• Open your Desktop gold software and log in by typing your username and password.
    • Next, to show email from everyone on AO.L. toolbar, click on Read icon on the top-left side of the Window.
    • Next, click on the ‘Show me mail from’ drop-down menu.
    • At last, you will select the ‘Everyone’ option from the list to see all the emails that you have retrieved.
    • Thus, you can quickly fix “Unable to send mail to AOL Mail addresses” error and view the emails.

Johnny L. Gruber
    Participant

I can’t get emails on AOL desktop? If I log in my account on safari, It just works fine for me.

Give me some idea. how can I resolve AOL not receiving email problem on aol desktop gold?

• Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log In