- This topic is empty.
- January 14, 2020 at 3:49 pm #6664January 14, 2020 at 4:50 pm #6667Dushyant YadavParticipant
When you see the blinking or solid red internet light on your belkin router?
You should check the internet status on your modem and follow the steps given below
Check internet status on your modem-
- Disconnect your Belkin wifi router from the router.
- Connect your modem to the laptop or pc via ethernet cord.
- Now reach any website. If you can surf the internet on your pc. Let’s proceed to step 2.
otherwise, you need to contact your service provider to troubleshoot the connection issue.
Connect your Belkin wireless router to the modem and power cycle the devices-
If you can access the internet directly from the modem. you should follow the steps given below.
- Disconnect your modem from the pc.
- Connect your modem from Modem port of the Belkin wifi router.
- Now unplug the power cord from the modem for 20 seconds and plug it back in.
- Reboot your Belkin wireless router as well.
- Wait for 2 minutes and then check the light status? Do you still see the blinking red light on your Belkin router?
Change The Router’s Ip address-
if your Belkin access point continues showing the solid red light. you should verify the ip (gateway) address of your modem. If it has the ip address beginning with the 192.168.X.X.
you should change the ip address or your router.
- Go to the Belkin router’s admin panel.
- Click on the lan settings.
- Replace the existing DHCP address with 10.0.0.1
- Now click on the apply changes button.
Finally, your router will reboot itself. you may wait for 2 minutes. Now, check do you see the solid red internet light on your router?
Factory restore the router-
if you have already used the above instructions but still getting the blinking or solid red light on your router.
You reset the router and reconfigure it again.
To reset the router, you may follow the steps given below.
- Power on your router.
- Press and hold the power button on your router for one minute.
- Now restart your router once.
After rebooting the router, you have to wait for 1 minute. Now start configuring your router again.
For more information, you may visit: how to fix belkin router blinking orange problem?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.