- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated by Judy C. Battiste.
- September 20, 2019 at 10:42 am #5240Bill T. ThomasParticipant
Why Am I getting privacy error code err_connection_ reset Error on google chrome? This error message is coming with the google and yahoo websites only.
Other websites are working fine on windows 10 pc.
While these websites are working on my android phone, what should I do to fix the problem?September 20, 2019 at 10:58 am #5251James L. HammerParticipant
Err_connection_timeout comes on google chrome due to the following two reasons.
- Network Issue.
- Browser issue.
Whenever you receive this webpage is not available error on google chrome along with these error messages, you should check the network settings first.
September 20, 2019 at 11:23 am #5260Judy C. BattisteParticipant
- Ensure that your computer is not frequently disconnecting from the internet.
- Disable the proxy setting and VPN application.
- Turn off the firewall on your computer and disable the antivirus.
- Uninstall the antivirus (if you have two or more)
- Delete the cookies from the Google chrome and then load the google search page again.
- Let’s reset the google chrome and then load the website again.
Err_connection_timeout error message directly showing the issues related to the network settings. So follow the guide given below to fix the problem.
Disable the proxy settings-
Firstly, you should disable the proxy server on your Windows 10 laptop. To disable the proxy server, you need to follow the instructions given below.
- Open the internet explorer and click on the settings icon.
- Click on the internet options, and then click on the connections tab.
- Now you need to click on LAN settings and then uncheck the proxy server box.
- Click on ok.
- Once, you will uncheck the enable proxy server. You should reload the google or yahoo website again on your google chrome.
Check the internet connection-
Check the internet connection on your browser. Make sure your computer is not dropping the connection frequently.
If you are using the internet through Ethernet cable, ensure that the cable is connected correctly.
In case, if you are using the wi-fi on you on your windows 10 pc. You should ensure that signal strength.
It should be in the good signal strength.
Disable the firewall-
If you have checked the above functions but still getting the web page is not available error message with the error code err_connection_reset.
You should disable the firewall, and then reload the page again. To do that, you can follow the instructions given below.
- Go to the control panel and click on the windows firewall option.
- Click on turn windows firewall on or off options available on the left menu.
- Select turn off the firewall and click on ok.
- After turning off the firewall, you should reboot the computer for once, and then load the page again. Let’s see if it is working fine now or not.
Website is down –
If you are unable to load any specific site, this can be due to the server issue. Maybe the website is down in your area. That’s why you are getting err_connection_reset error message.
In such a case, you need to wait until the server starts working fine. All you can do, complain about it to the website admin.
In case, if you are getting the proxy error, you can visit: how to fix your connection is not private issue.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.