How To Fix My AOL Desktop Not Responding Problem? AOL Gold Not Working

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Sedrick Kunze .

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Author

Donato VonRueden
    Participant

My AOL Desktop software is not responding on my windows 10 computer. When I click on this aol desktop icon. It shows me the loading icon first.

After a few seconds, it shows me not responding message. What Should I do to fix AOL gold not responding problem?

Walter R Gonzalez
    Participant

Here, I am sharing some good tricks to fix AOL desktop not responding problem. you can go ahead and use it to fix the problem.

1. If you get “AOL gold not responding” error message on your computer. you should quit the program from the task manager. Once you will close the program successfully. you need to reopen it.
    2. Sometimes, AOL desktop stop working due to the corrupted software program. so you need to check the program carefully and repair it.

to repair the program you can download the latest software from AOL’s official website and run it on your computer.

Kay N. Grijalva
    Participant

Usually, users face AOL desktop not responding problem due to the few primary reasons:

1. Incompatible software.
    2. Program is hanging.
    3. Virus Issue.
    4. Software is outdated or corrupted.

So here I am going to share the guide to repair the AOL desktop gold software. You can go ahead and use it to fix the problem.

Check Compatibility – 

First of all, you should begin by checking the compatibility settings.  Be sure your computer is capable of installing this program.

When you plan to install the AOL desktop software on a computer. It should match with the minimum hardware requirement.

1. 266 MHZ or faster processor.
    2. Minimum windows 7 operating system.
    3. 1024*768 screen resolution.
    4. 1 GB RAM and 512 MB Hard drive.

If your computer does not exceed this requirement, you need to upgrade your pc first. Then plan to install the AOL desktop software.

Program is hanging- 

This can another reason behind AOL desktop not responding problem. When you try to load the open the AOL desktop application, and it sticks in the middle.

You should go to the task manager and check the processing report. to do that you need to follow the steps available below.

1. Go to the task manager using Taskmgr command.
    2. Click on the Processes tab and scroll down to find the AOL desktop program.
    3. Once you will see the application. you need to click on it and click on end process.
    4. Now close the task manager and reboot the computer once.

After rebooting the computer, you should try to open the desktop program again. let’s see if it is working or still giving you

“AOL desktop gold not responding “error message?

Disable the Firewall and security:

sometimes, you might AOL desktop not responding error message due to the antivirus or firewall issue. they might be blocking the program. that’s why it is unable to communicate with the AOL mail server and giving you not responding error message.

So you should disable the security programs like- firewall, antivirus and proxy servers for a while.

Now try to open the application.

Setup is corrupted or outdated:

If you have recently installed the AOL desktop software on your computer. but still not working. it could be due to the corrupted or outdated software.

so you need to download the new AOL desktop program from AOL’s official website. I am going to give you the link for that. you can use it.

https://discover.aol.com/products-and-services/aol-desktop-for-windows

now uninstall the existing AOL desktop application and install the AOL desktop software using new setup.

Sue A. Davis
    Participant

My AOL desktop gold is not responding on MacBook Air. I keep trying to open it. but it does not come. in the task manager, it is showing me not responding error message.

What should I do to fix the problem?

Isidro Dooley
    Participant

First of all, you should force stop the program. you can do it easily by right click on the desktop program available on the bottom task manager.

Now reboot the MacBook and follow the instructions to fix the problem.

Judy C. Battiste
    Participant

I had aol desktop not responding issue on my computer about a week ago. it was due to the virus presence on my computer.

I had a virus on my computer. that’s why my computer was running slow and it was not able to load the application properly.

So I use Norton internet security program to scan my computer. it had founded 10 viruses running into my computer.

Once I removed the virus from the computer. my computer has started working fine.

So You should also try to do it to fix AOL desktop freezing problem.

Harold E. Claypool
    Participant

Let’s check the network settings. sometimes, People might be facing AOL desktop not responding problem due to the DNS server or internet settings problem.

So first of all, you should check the internet connection first. be sure, you are getting the internet on your computer.

after checking the internet connection, you should change the DNS server address.

It might fix the problem for you.

Mack Manuel
    Participant

Did you check the AOL server status on your area? maybe the AOL server is down in your area. that’s why you are going through aol desktop freezing issue.

If it does not fix the issue. you should uninstall the software from your computer. and install it from the beginning by downloading the new setup.

Sedrick Kunze
    Participant

When I try to open the emails on my aol desktop. the aol desktop stop working.

If I use it for another purpose like- search engine, news, etc. it works just fine. why is it creating this kind of problem?

• Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log In

Get Help