Tagged: Gmail Not Working in Chrome
- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated by Stephen N Delatorre.
- December 5, 2019 at 12:53 pm #6058AlbertParticipant
I am trying to configure my Gmail account on the Microsoft outlook 2016 application. However, outlook won’t connect to the Gmail account.
As far as I know, I am entering the correct username, and password, because I use the same password for Gmail login on my web browser.December 5, 2019 at 1:10 pm #6061Stephen N DelatorreParticipant
Can you elaborate more about few things like:
- Which incoming server are you using? Is it a pop3 or Imap?
- Which type of operating system are you using windows or Mac IOS?
If you will explain about these things, it will be very helpful for me to help you in the better way.
Thank you,December 5, 2019 at 2:00 pm #6062Stephen N DelatorreParticipant
Troubleshooting Steps For Outlook Cannot Connect To Gmail Problem
Hello, thank you for concerning us able to help you,
We are sharing quick steps to fix the problem, you may use them to get your outlook can’t connect to Gmail problem resolved.
Enable pop / Imap settings on your Gmail account-
Before configuring your account on your Gmail account, you should ensure that you have enabled the pop and IMAP settings on your Gmail account.
If you haven’t yet. Your outlook won’t be able to sync to the Gmail account.
To enable these settings, you need to follow the instructions given below.
Enable pop settings-
If you wish to configure your Gmail account on outlook using the pop server, you need to follow the instructions given below.
- Sign in to the Gmail account on your web browser. (in case, if you struggle through the sign-in problems, you may visit: how to fix Gmail sign-in problem. )
- Click on settings and press the pop /IMAP tab.
- Now enable the pop settings and press the save button.
Enable Imap settings –
When you decide to set up your Gmail account using the IMAP settings, you need to follow the instructions given below.
- Go back to the pop /IMAP settings.
- Enable IMAP settings and press save settings.
Now your settings will be enabled, you may go ahead and configure your account using these settings.
Allow less secure apps –
If your Gmail is blocking third-party apps, you must have to allow secure apps.
Otherwise, outlook will not be able to communicate with the Gmail account.
To do so, you need to follow the instructions given below.
- Get into your Gmail account using Google Chrome or other browsers.
- Click on the profile picture and select choose manage your google account.
- Under the security section, enable the allow less secure app.
Create an app password –
If you are using the 2 step security verification your Gmail account, you must have to create an app password. Otherwise, your outlook won’t be able to connect to the Gmail account.
To do so, you have to,
- Go back to the security, and click on the app password.
- Now type your Gmail password for verification,
- Select the outlook app and generate the password for it.
- Once you will get the new app password, you should try to configure your account using that password, your outlook will be able to connect to Gmail this time.
Check the firewall settings-
Last but not least, you should always check the firewall settings on your computer, maybe your firewall is blocking the communication port.
That’s why outlook cannot connect to the Gmail server.
So I think, you should turn off the firewall for a while, and then try to sync with the Gmail server. Let’s see if it does work fine for you or not?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.