- This topic is empty.
- December 2, 2019 at 1:15 am #5214Javier BrownParticipant
We bought a new Apple TV for our dining hall. Before Apple, I was using Samsung TV for watching my Netflix programs. The problem is that I am not able to connect Apple TV with my Netflix.
I did try the steps given in manual, but Netflix doesn’t work on Apple TV. Are there any other steps that can help to configure my Netflix on Apple TV?December 7, 2019 at 1:21 am #6070Isobel RobertsParticipant
Netflix is not working on Apple TV is a popular issue search by an Apple TV user. Problems may be different, but people search only Netflix won’t load or work. Some of them like :
- Netflix Says Currently Unavailable on Apple TV
- Not Loading Netflix on Apple TV
- Netflix No Sound on Apple TV
- Netflix Keeps Crashing on Apple TV
Above all, the issues indicate towards ‘Netflix is not working’ but the solutions are different for each topic. Let’s discuss one by one and steps hot to fix Netflix problems on Apple TV.
How to Fix Netflix Says Currently Unavailable on Apple TV
Netflix Says Currently Unavailable on Apple TV shows there is no connection between your TV and Netflix. There could be many reasons behind the currently unavailable issue. Follow the steps one by one to fix it:
- Turn off all the devices like TV Netflix and internet connection(Modem or Router) and turn it back on after waiting 1 minute. Usually, restarting apple TV and Netflix fixes the currently unavailable issue on Apple TV.
- Check your internet connection using other devices in your homes like pc, laptop, or phones. If you are Not getting internet, time to call your internet provider or check https://www.askprob.com/forums/forum/networking/ to fix the problem related to your routers.
- Login NetFlix in your PC or Phone. If you are not able to access Netflix in your PC, there might be a problem with the Netflix server. You can try after few minutes.
- If Netflix is working on other devices in your home, go to your Apple tv OS, Now go to Settings > General > Software Updates > Update Software/Update automatically> Download and Install. You have to update your device operating the software.
- Sometimes Netflix customer care tries to fix network glitch or settings. You should try it also once:
- On Ethernet connection: Go to Ethernet > Configure IP > Select on Automatic > Configure DNS > Select Automatic.
- On Wi-Fi connection :Select Your Wi-Fi network > Configure IP > Click on Automatic > Configure DNS > Select Automatic.
In the last, if nothing works, try to reset your Apple TV settings as factory default. Go to your Apple TV and open Settings > General > Reset >Click on Reset all Settings > You have to select Confirm.
Try to connect your Netflix, once Apple TV reset would complete. Still having an issue, you may contact Netflix customer care through their support page https://help.netflix.com/en
Netflix Not Loading on Apple TV
Netflix not loading on Apple TV usually happens due to poor network connection or bad updates. In this case, you have to check your internet connection also your internet speed. If internet speed is low, Netflix won’t load videos and start giving not able to load errors.
Further, you should try to reset your Apple TV and login with your account or Netflix profile. It will also prompt on the screen if any new update is available.
Netflix No Sound on Apple TV
After fixing the Netflix loading problem, users also complain about the sound issue on Netflix Apple TV. The audio issue usually happens with changes in sound settings. Follow the steps below to fix sound issue on Netflix-
- Sometimes after any new update or by mistake change in sound settings, occurs sound issues on Apple TV and Netflix stops playing sound. You have to check the sound settings and change them according to the device.
- Sound settings on Apple TV 4th Generation and Apple TV 4k: Go to Apple home screen, and open Settings > Video and Audio > click on Audio Format > Change Format > select Use Best Available.
- Sound settings on Apple TV 2nd and 3rd Generation: Go to Apple TV’s home screen and open Settings > Video and Audio >Select Audio Format > Dolby > Select Auto (to enable surround sound) and try to play something on Netflix.
- People are also saying some videos on Netflix has no sound. You should try to play something else on your Netflix.
- A hardware problem is the last but not least, which commonly fix sound issues on Apple TV Netflix. You should check the connection once again properly. Try unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back, it confirms there is no loose between the connection. Further, try another HDMI cable to make sure cable is working well.
Netflix Keeps Crashing on Apple TV
It is a prevalent problem, and every user faces at least once in life during the uses of Netflix. There could be many reasons for Netflix Keeps Crashing on Apple TV. You may follow the steps below to confirm and fix the Netflix crashing issue:
- Internet speed can create a crashing problem on Netflix. You should check your internet speed. Open Netflix or Apple TV settings and go to Settings > General > Network > Test Network > OK > Yes and choose your preferred speed.
- Restart your Internet devices like your modem and routers. Further, restart your Apple TV. Avoid high using internet devices in your home while watching Netflix.
- Apple TV OS(iOS) has the latest patches or updates. You can check it from Settings > General > Software Updates, download and install the update if there is any new update available.
- The most and essential step is reinstalling Netflix’s application again. Follow the steps below to fresh install Netflix App in Apple TV:
- Find the Netflix Appl icon on the Apple TV home screen and hold it from the center until the icon starts shaking.
- Now, click on ‘Delete’ by pressing the play/pause button.
- It will ask you confirmation before removing it, allow it.
- Further, open the Apple TV app store and reinstall Netflix app again.
- After completing the installation, open the Netflix app from the home screen and login with your Netflix user id and password.
These above steps can solve your Netflix not working issue related to Apple TV. Still having any problem write below, I will explain it.December 10, 2019 at 12:20 am #6075Philip SteuberParticipant
Perfect explanation by Isobel Roberts. Every step is well described and easily fix Netflix not working issue related to Apple TV. I want to add few more points which users are facing and its solution.
Fix Netflix not Working Issue on Apple TV By Removing Cookies:
Cookies are playing a significant role in digital technology. Today every device store cookies, and it helps to recognize devices and its user information. Sometimes old cookies not able to load the latest update and software firmware. In this case, you have to remove old cookies.
Removing old cookies performs from your Netflix account. A Netflix profile identifies by its cookies save in it. Cookies stores the information like last login device; what you did play last like that. Follow the steps below to reset your cookies:
Connect any PC or laptop on the same internet network or modem/router. Open the browser on your computer and go to http://www.netflix.com/. Now click on Sign in and log in your account using Netflix email and password.
Once you are logged in, click on http://www.netflix.com/clearcookies. Your all the saved cookies will remove, and your account creates new cookies. Now, try to access on your Apple TV, still having an issue, might Netflix has some problem. Try to stream again after few minutes.
Note: Before removing cookies, make sure your Apple TV firmware software(iOS) has the latest update.December 12, 2019 at 12:20 am #6112Hope SpinkaParticipant
Netflix can also stop streaming on Apple TV if network settings are not configured according to WI-FI OR Ethernet streaming. This Netflix streaming issue can quickly solve by changing a few settings on Apple TV.
Network Settings on Apple TV For Netflix Streaming:
- Go to the main menu of Apple TV and click on the General option.
- From General> Network> Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
- For Wi-Fi settings Select your Wi-Fi network> click on Configure IP, then Automatic. Now, in DNS, Configure DNS, then Automatic.
- For Ethernet settings Select Ethernet,> click on Configure IP, then Automatic. Now, in the same in DNS, Configure DNS, then Automatic.
- Now, go to the main menu and save the network settings.
- Restart your TV as well as internet modem and router(if using). It will search for a new IP address as an automatic network setting.
- Try to stream your Netflix on Apple TV, and it should work now.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.