What Is The Difference Between Linux And WordPress Webhosting?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nettie Schuster .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Author

Asa Marquardt
    Participant

I want to buy a web hosting for my new website. Someone suggest me for Linux and my friend WordPress hosting. Please suggest me with the difference between them?

Sydney Torp
    Participant

Wordpress web hosting is good for WordPress websites. WordPress hosting gives you a large customer handling if your website is on the wordpress platform. In the same cost WordPress hosting gives you a better response for WordPress website.

Linux hosting is safer and works for any platform website like java, .net .php, etc. Linux hosting even works on wordpress platform. Traffic handling of Linux on a monthly basis is very low.

Sydney Torp
    Participant

Linux hosting does operate through Cloud Linux operating system. This cloud Linux system is a dedicated Linux server through which all the website becomes online. This Linux server saves all type of website data also site images. It is more secure but costly than other web servers.

Wordpress web server works on Microsoft Windows server. It is swift for the WordPress platform website. If your site is running on WordPress platform, choose WordPress web hosting.

Nettie Schuster
    Participant

There is much difference between WordPress and Linux web hosting, and it all depends upon what is your use in hosting. I am going to explain the difference between them regarding advantages and disadvantages.

WordPress Webhosting:

Advantage of WordPress Webhosting:

• The significant advantage of word press hosting is fast. You will always get a 1 or 2-second difference between another web hosting.
    • In WordPress hosting, you get a dedicated IP address of hosting, which makes it more secure. It is individually assigned only for your website or use.
    • A specific server increases the minimum chances of the hacking trick of web servers and data.
    • WordPress is a popular language and run by Microsoft company. So, if you have any issue with Webhosting or server, you will get experts support.
    • In WordPress hosting, you get a dedicated server with dedicated IP, which gets the latest security updates and makes your website more faster.
    • Handling a WordPress server issue is comfortable than another server hosting.

The disadvantage of WordPress Webhosting:

• WordPress hosting is specially configured for WordPress coding websites. So it’s the performance on WordPress theme is much better than another language platform.
    • Running a PHP or SQL website on WordPress hosting is robust than Linux hosting. First, you have to install dedicated plugins for PHP coding on the WordPress server,  which is already complicated.
    • Any editing on the website goes through the SFTP connection. Every time you need to make changes to the back end files by open that file in the notepad.
    • Managing a PHP/HTML or other language coding website is hardly possible to manage.

Linux or Shared Webhosting:

Advantage of Linux Webhosting:

• Handling a Linux hosting is much easier than WordPress hosting. I will suggest Linux if you are new in this field.
    • In the Linux hosting, you can host the website with any language.
    • Just a simple click, you can install a WordPress in the Linux hosting server.
    • You can run more than different codes of websites from a single web server.

The disadvantage of Linux Webhosting:

• Linux hosting is shared hosting. It means from a dedicated Linux server; you get a particular space for your websites. You never know how many and types of sites are running with the same server. It makes it very risky for your website.
    • You won’t get your full speed if other websites hosted with the same server is using all the server speed through which you are organized.
  • Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log In