Why Brother Printer Can Print But Not Scan?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sue A. Davis .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Author

Judy C. Battiste
    Participant

What’s wrong with my brother printer? It can print fine but not scanning any documents from Windows 10 or Mac computer?

I have tried to reboot the printer multiple times, but still facing the same problem.

Please guide me to fix brother printer cant print but not scan issue?

Varun Tiwari
    Participant

As you told us, brother printer can printer but not scan.

This clearly shows, there is no problem with the network connectivity. Your printer is connected to the wifi properly.

It looks like a communication problem. That’s why your brother printer is not scanning.

so you need to follow the process given below.

1. Let’s go ahead and check the scanner settings on your computer. Maybe you have chosen a wrong printer as a default printer. That’s why your brother printer can printer but not scan.
    2. Run the scan troubleshooting on your Windows computer to find the error code once you will get the error code. You should use the instructions to fix the problem.

Sue A. Davis
    Participant

Here are some quick tricks to fix the brother printer not scanning problem. you can go ahead and use the tricks to fix the problem.

1. Let’s check the antivirus and firewall settings. you should disable the firewall and antivirus for a while, now try to scan any document.
    2. Go to the scanner settings and check the status. if it showing offline or not available status. it means, your computer is unable to detect the brother printer as a scanner. so you have to re-add it.
    3. Let’s uninstall the printer driver from your computer and install the printer again. it will start working fine.
    4. Enable the user account control settings on windows computer. it will help you in fixing the problem.
    5. Somehow, if you cannot scan anything from your brother printer. i will advise you to factory restore your computer to the back date, when your computer was able to scan the document from the printer.
  • Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log In