Why Does My Aol Old Mail Disappeared ? AOL Missing Emails

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  James L. Hammer .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Author

Kay N. Grijalva
    Participant

Why has my AOL old Mail disappeared automatically from aol account? I haven’t deleted anyone of them.

ALL emails were available until last night’s but when I logged in my account today. The some of my AOL Emails were missing from my account.

Johnny L. Gruber
    Participant

About a week ago, my AOL Mail disappeared from the account automatically. That moment, I had to contact Aol.

They told me it was a server glitch. The aol mail server has deleted those emails automatically, also they have to recover those emails back to me.

Your case seems similar to mine. So you should also call them once and ask them to recover those emails.

Rufus N. Mackenzie
    Participant

Fix AOL Old Mail Disappeared On Webmail –

Here is some guidance to fix the AOL Old Mail disappeared problem. You can go ahead and use these techniques to recover the emails.

Check the Trash Folder-

Whenever you are missing some emails from the aol account. You should check the Trash folder first.

Do you see your deleted mails there? If yes. You need to move those emails back to the existing folders by using the tricks given below.

• Get into the AOL Mail webmail account.
    • Click on the trash or delete the folder.
    • select your emails which you want to restore
    • Now click on actions and select the folder to move the emails.

Finally, your emails will be restored to the existing folders.

Check AOL Filter settings-

If aol mail is missing new emails or some specific emails from the account. You should check the filter settings.

Most probably, you have created an email filter to delete that kind of emails. That’s why your aol emails are disappearing automatically.

In this kind of situation, you need to delete all filters using the tricks given below.

• Get into the AOL Mail and Click on the options button.
    • Click on the mail settings and then select filters.
    • Now select the available filters and click on the delete button.

Check the Leave an original copy of the email on the server-

If your aol mail has been disappeared from the webmail, while it is available on the third party application like- outlook.

It means you have moved the original copy of emails from the server. That’s why aol mail missing emails from the webmail.

If this is the case, you need to open the outlook and follow the steps:

• Click on files and click on account settings.
    • Now click on your aol account and select edit.
    • Click on the advance button and then again click on the advance tab available in the last.
    • Check the leave a copy of the email on the server.
    • Click on ok.

Now, if someone will send you any recent email, it will leave the copy of that email on the webmail, and send a duplicate copy of it to the outlook.

Use another Browser –

Sometimes, you might not be able to see an empty email folder due to the browser issue.

When your web browser is corrupted, or some required extensions are not working correctly.

It will not display your email list while you will think that your aol old mail has been disappeared from the letter.

So you should try to log in your aol account on another web browser, and then see if you can see the emails there or not.

If you can see your emails on the web browser, this means, the issue is related to the web browser. So you have to reset it.

However, if you don’t see your new emails on the aol mail browser, you need to contact aol support team to restore the emails.

Gertrude Smitham
    Participant

Why are some of my AOL mail folders missing from the iPhone? The only inbox sent and junk folder is syncing. Other folders are not available on my iPhone while they are available on the AOL Webmail.

Tyrel Hartmann
    Participant

Fix AOL Mail Missing Emails On iPhone-

In case,  AOL mail old mail disappeared from the iPhone or any software. You need to use the following trick to fix the problem.

1. Go to Settings on your phone.
    2. Click on mail, calendars and contacts and tap on your email address.
    3. Now you will able to see sync option. Click on it.

Your phone will begin the syncing process with the AOL mail server. It may take little time. So you need to wait until the server starts working fine.

But if your phone can’t sync with the AOL mail server. You need to delete your account and re-add it using the tricks given below.

1. Go to the mail, calendars, and contacts again.
    2. Tap on your email and click on the delete account.
    3. Now you need to reboot your phone.
    4. After rebooting the phone, you need to go to the mail, calendars, and contacts again and click on add account,
    5. Now you need to select aol as your service provider.
    6. Fill the required information like- username, email, and password and follow the process to add the account again.

James L. Hammer
    Participant

Check the Leave an original copy of the email on the server-

If your aol mail has been disappeared from the webmail, while it is available on the third party application like- outlook.

It means you have moved the original copy of emails from the server. That’s why aol mail missing emails from the webmail.

If this is the case, you need to open the outlook and follow the steps:

• Click on files and click on account settings.
    • Now click on your aol account and select edit.
    • Click on the advance button and then again click on the advance tab available in the last.
    • Check the leave a copy of the email on the server.
    • Click on ok.

Now, if someone will send you any recent email, it will leave the copy of that email on the webmail, and send a duplicate copy of it to the outlook.

• Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log In