Why Does My Brother Printer Won’t Connect To WiFi?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  John DeGrauw .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Author

Sue A. Davis
    Participant

Why is my brother printer not connecting to the wireless network for two days? Meanwhile, my other devices are connected through the same wifi. They are working fine.

It’s just my brother printer, which is showing amber wifi light.

Can you help me in fixing the problem?

Mark C. Martin
    Participant

How far your printer is placed from the wireless router? Ensure that, your printer is set within the 10-meter circle.

If it is crossing the wifi circle, your brother printer will not be able to access the excellent Wi-Fi signals from the router. Which will cause brother printer won’t connect to wifi problem.

Also, ensure that your wifi router is broadcasting the wireless signals.

If you are getting the solid blue or green wifi light on the router, Then wifi is enabled on your router. The problem is with your brother printer. That’s why it is not connecting to the wifi.

Kay N. Grijalva
    Participant

If you are struggling with brother printer won’t connect to the WiFi problem. You can use the following techniques to troubleshoot the issue.

Primary Guide to fix brother printer wifi connection problem-

1. Power off the brother printer and router for one minute and then power it back on.
    2. Turn off the Wi-Fi on your brother printer for one minute and then turn it back on. try to connect your brother printer to the wifi now. Let’s see if it is connecting to the network or not.
    3. Let’s try to connect your printer to the Wifi using the WPS method.

Change the wifi name and password-

Let’s try to reset the wifi name and password on your router. And use the encryption mode as WEP.

Once you change the wifi name and password, you need to connect your brother printer to the wifi using the steps given below.

1. Click on the Menu; go to the network using the down arrow button and press ok button.
    2. Now Click on WLAN and press, ok using up and down key.
    3. Press the setup wizard using up and down key and click on ok.
    4. When you see the WIFI enable the option, you need to press yes.
    5. Now your brother wifi printer will automatically search the wireless network; you need to select your network name and press ok.
    6. Now you need to type your password. And ok.

Finally, your brother printer will be connected to the wifi. Somehow, if your brother printer is not connecting to the WiFi, you need to proceed for the next step.

Reset Network Settings-

If your brother printer is not connecting to the wifi automatically, it can be due to the invalid network profile.

So you need to reset the network settings on your brother printer using the steps given below.

1. Power on your brother printer.
    2. Press the menu button, go to the network using down arrow button and click on ok.
    3. Now Select Reset Network using the down arrow button and press ok button.
    4. Click the no. 1 button to start the Reset network process.

Finally, your brother wireless printer will begin the reset network activity.

Once it completes, you should try to connect your brother printer to the wifi.

Update Printer Firmware-

Sometimes, you might have brother printer Wifi problem due to the outdated printer firmware.

When you are using an old printer, it might not be up to date.

Due to that, you might be facing; brother printer won’t connect to wifi problem.

So you should check for the printer firmware update.

Lenora K. Yager
    Keymaster

Are you still struggling with brother printer won’t connect to wifi issue?

1. Remove the power cord from your brother printer, and then press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
    2. Now power on your brother wireless printer. Go to the network and try to connect with the wifi network now.

However, if you are still failing to connect your brother printer to the wifi.

You should do a minor change on the network name and then try to connect wifi the wifi. Let’s see what happens there.

Rufus N. Mackenzie
    Participant

I am planning to connect my brother printer to the network. My Wifi has been set up with the WEP 64 bit encryption.

Now when I try to connect my brother printer to the wifi. It is not showing the WEP 64-bit option in the encryption mode.

What should I do? The encryption type that I have on my printer are available below.

• WPA
    • WPA2
    • WEP

Please help me in fixing the brother printer won’t connect to wifi problem.

Judy C. Battiste
    Participant

WEP encryption type is common for both types either it is 64 bit or 128 bit. So select the WEP encryption method and click on the ok button. Now type your wifi password.

If you have successfully connected your printer to wireless, but somehow it won’t print and giving you an offline error message, you need to visit:

How To fix Printer is offline brother 

Johnny L. Gruber
    Participant

sometimes, People are struggling through brother printer not connecting to the wifi problem due to the security reasons.

When their network is blocking the device. It won’t let your brother printer connect to the wifi.

So you need to disable the firewall on the router and then try once again to it with the same wifi.

John DeGrauw
    Participant

This is how I fixed my Brother printer not connecting to wifi problem-

I just tried for the last couple of hours to connect my HL-5370DW (it’s years old, but I love this printer!) wirelessly with our new cable provider, as opposed to the cable provider we had just left. I FINALLY succeeded!

TWO THINGS were vexing me when using the setup wizard with a network cable.

FIRST, the printer wasn’t being recognized when searching for available wireless devices. To solve this, you need to RESET THE PRINTER’S NETWORK SETTINGS to the factory default. After the reset, the Setup Wizard will recognize the printer. From the 55-page Quick Start Guide, p43:
    1. Turn off the printer.
    2. Press and Hold down the GO button as you turn on the power switch. Keeping the GO button pressed, all the LED lights will light, and then the Status LED will turn off. Release the GO button. All the LEDs should now go off.
    3. Press GO six times. All LEDs should light up, and then the printer will restart.
    4. The printer will now be recognized.

SECOND, I was continually getting the “FAILED TO ASSOCIATE” ERROR MESSAGE going through the connection steps (Note: As a guide, I was following screen-captured instructions from the last time I had to do this with the previous cable provider).

In my case, the encryption mode for the WPA/WPA2 authentication method changed after getting the new router. Previously, the encryption method was TKIP. The new router, however, was AES. When I turned the encryption from TPIK to AES, the printer connected immediately, and all was right with the universe!

• Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log In