Why I Can’t Access Belkin Router Admin Page?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Barbara R. Colbert
    Participant

I need to make some changes into the settings, but can’t access the Belkin router setup page.

Each time, When I make an attempt to open the setup page, It ends with saying,  this page is not available, or the site can’t be reached.

Judy C. Battiste
    Participant

This site can’t be reached error shows the issues related to network communication. 

Most probably, you are typing the incorrect IP address for your router. That’s why you are unable to access the Belkin router’s admin panel. 

So should check the IP address for your router and then type it again. 

• Connect your Belkin router with the laptop or computer via ethernet cable or wifi. 
    • Open the command prompt box ( open the run box >> type cmd in the search box)
    • Type ipconfig and press the enter button.
    • Can you See the gateway’s IP address? , that’s your router’s IP address. 

So you have to try to open your router setup page using that IP address. 

Varun Tiwari
    Participant

My Belkin router is not working through wifi, while it works fine if I use the ethernet cable. 

Also, If I can’t access the Belkin router admin panel, each time, I try to access the page, my router’s IP address is 169.178.58.1.

Kay N. Grijalva
    Participant

First of all, This is not your IP address at all. 169.178 series are for APIPA IP addresses. 

It seems like- the DHCP server is not responding on your router that’s why you were getting this error message. 

Here are some tips to fix the problem; you may use them. 

• Power cycle the router, and laptop, wait for one minute, now do the ip config again. 
    • If you are still getting the 169.178.X.X ip address, you should reset the Belkin router. 

Once you will factory restore the router, you should configure it again. for more information, you may visit: 

how to fix install Belkin router? 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.