- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated by Judy C. Battiste.
- December 1, 2019 at 1:25 am #4756Judy C. BattisteParticipant
Why am I having Gmail sign in problem on my all devices like- computers, phones, etc. It doesn’t work on any of them.
Please assist me in troubleshooting the Gmail login issue? Though I am typing the correct password.December 2, 2019 at 6:07 am #4761Sydney TorpParticipant
Basic Troubleshoot Instructions to fix can’t sign in to Gmail account issue-
Here are the baby steps to fix the Gmail sign-in problems, you may use them to get your problem resolved.
December 2, 2019 at 11:06 am #4875Brenda R. GuerroParticipant
- Verify the user details, ensure that you are using the valid login details.
- Check the Gmail server status, make sure the server is not down in your locality.
- Check the time & date on your computer. If it is wrong, it may not let you maintain a secure connection. That’s why you may face the Gmail login problems.
- Try to sign in to your account using the incognito window.
- Never forget to enable the IMAP or pop settings, if you use it through any third-party app.
Troubleshoot Gmail Sign in problem on the computer
If someone is unable to access the Gmail account on their phone or computer? It could be due to several basic reasons.
Here are the steps to fix this problem, you may use these steps to fix your problem.
Verify the Gmail login credentials (username & password)-
A valid username and passwords are a basic requirement for the Gmail account. If you are entering the wrong username or password on your Gmail account. It leads you to the Gmail sign in problem.
So you need to double-check the username and password. If you don’t find it correct. You need to retype it, right after that hit the sign-in button.
Also, If you doubt your password, you need to reset the password for your google account, and then sign in with the new password.
Account has been compromised-
When you attempt to sign in to your Gmail account, and you get the password has been changed the error message.
It means some anonymous person has unauthorized access to your account.
They have changed the password.
That’s why you can’t sign in to your Gmail account.
In such a case, Firstly, you have to recover your account, and then secure your account with the two-step verification method.
To secure your account for the future, you need to follow the instructions given below.
- Reset the Gmail password.
- Check the recovery phone number and email. Ensure that, they are yours.
- Enable the two-step security
- Change the recovery questions.
Update the autofill settings-
If you can’t sign into the Gmail account using the autofill settings. I will recommend you, try to login to your account by typing the password manually.
If you can successfully sign in to your account, it means you have saved the invalid password on your browser. That’s why you are having Gmail sign in problem.
In such a case, you need to update the password.
Chrome users can update the Gmail password using the instructions available below.
- Open the google chrome and type chrome://settings, press the enter button.
- Once you will reach into the settings page, you need to type autofill in the search box.
- Click on the password tab.
- Now select your Gmail account and click on edit.
- Here, you need to update the Gmail password.
After updating the settings, you need to get back to the Gmail website and try to login using the autofill settings.
Erase the cookies, and cache files-
Sometimes, you may have Gmail sign in problem due to the old cookies or cache files. When you contain an older cookie, which is not in use anymore.
It may not be able to connect to the Gmail account. In such a case, you will face Gmail sign in problem.
In such a case, you have to do the following things.
- Clear the cookies and cache files.
- Update the browser.
- If you still face the Gmail sign in problem, you need to factory reset the browser.
for other browsers you may visit:
Check network settings-
Sometimes, you may get into the Gmail sign in problem due to the network issue. In such a case, you will get the error given below.
- This web page is not available,
- Your connection is not private.
If your error message meets these kinds of issues, in this case, you have to check the following settings on your network.
- Update the DNS server or replace it with the 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11.
- Disable the proxy settings, if enabled.
- Turn off the VPN servers.
- Remove expired antivirus.
Once you will do all these kinds of things, your account will start working fine. Somehow, if you are facing the can’t sign into the Gmail account problem. Let us know, we will try to help you with some more steps.
You may visit: how to fix Gmail not receiving emails?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.