Fix: My Yahoo Not Receiving Emails?[100% working Tips]

Yahoo Mail users are facing many problems these days. Not being able to receive incoming emails is one of them. According to my experience, this is the most common issue, which bothers them the most.
If you are wondering why is my yahoo mail not receiving emails? and how do I fix it?

Generally, It happens because of account settings, system errors, or network connection errors. Here are the reasons for that.

Delivery Address is incorrect- The senders have not entered your emails correctly.

Sender’s account has been flagged – You may have flagged him as a spammer.

Yahoo servers under maintenance- Please confirm the service status of yahoo.

Yahoo settings are incorrect- The mail filters or forwarding is turned on.

Yahoo mail not receiving emails , Can't receive emails on yahoo mail

Why I can’t sign into Yahoo mail account? 

How Do I Fix Yahoo Mail Not Receiving Emails Problem?

1. Terminate all filters-

If Emails are not coming into the yahoo’s inbox, you should jump in the spam (junk) & trash folder. If new messages are accessible from there. Please go to the yahoo settings & terminate all filters.

1. Let’s sign into the yahoo account on the browser.yahoo mail sign in problems
  2. Press the little gear(settings) icon available at the right side.yahoo mail settings
  3. Now Click on the more settings link.Yahoo mail settings
  4. Click on the Filters option from the left side menu.filters on yahoo mail
  5. Now click on the Active Filter.
  6. Press the Delete button.Delete the mail filters

Note- Once you delete the mail filters. you need to move the existing emails back into the inbox. Otherwise, these emails will disappear from the account after 30 days.

2. Unflag the senders-

When you can’t receive the emails from the specific person on yahoo mail account. Possibly, you may have flagged as a spammer. so you have to unblock them to receive the new emails.

Unblock the email account, yahoo mail not receiving emails
  • Let’s Jump into the yahoo mail settings again.
  • Press the security & privacy section accessible from the left menu.
  • If you see the sender’s account in the blocked list, Press the Trash icon next to it.

Now request the sender to send you a fresh message.

3. Sort By Newest Email First-

If you see the oldest emails in the inbox and new emails are missing. You may have selected the oldest email first sort filter. So select the Newest email first option.

short by
  • Open the Yahoo mailbox.
  • Click on the sort option accessible from the top of the mailbox.
  • Now click on the Date: Newest on top option.

4. Turn off the forwarding-

If mail filters are not active but still you are not receiving the emails on the yahoo account. Please Inspect the forwarding settings, if it is active, you need to disable it.

yahoo mail forwarding
  • Let’s Go back to the yahoo mail settings.
  • Click on the mailboxes from the left pane.
  • Press the yahoo account from the list.
  • Press the Disable forwarding option.

If you haven’t enabled the forwarding, But still it was enabled. There is a possibility of strange activity. So you need to secure your yahoo account from the anonymous person.

5. Check The Service Status-

When you are not receiving the emails on the yahoo mail, You should take a look on the down detector. Now read the comments.

Yahoo mail problems

If you find there too many comments related to the similar problems. It means, the yahoo mail services are sucked for a while.

Or the servers might be under maintenance. In that condition, you have to wait until the yahoo service are active.

6. Ask a sender to your reply on your email-

If senders are not entering your email address correctly, you won’t be able to receive the emails on the yahoo account from them. For an easy process, You can send them an email, and ask them to reply on the same on the same email address.

If you are receiving the reply without any delay, it means, they were mistyping the your yahoo email address. That’s why emails were not coming into your inbox.

7. Fix The Browser-

Sometimes, Users are not getting the emails on the yahoo account due to the browser issue. To confirm the issue, you need to open the yahoo account on the incognito window.

If you find the new emails on the incognito window. It means, you need to make a few changes on the browser.

1. Trash the cookies and browser data.
  2. Clear the yahoo bookmarks too.
  3. Reset the browser to the factory settings.
  4. Upgrade the browser(If newer version available).
  5. Use A New Browser.

What to do If I Can’t Receive Emails On The Outlook or windows 10 mail app?

If you can’t receive emails on the yahoo via outlook or windows 10 mail application, Please make these changes into yahoo account settings.

Update the yahoo password & Server details on the app-

• Launch the outlook application on the pc.
  • Press the files and press the account settings.
  • Pick up the yahoo account.
  • Press Change or modify button.
  • Type the yahoo password in the password section.
  • Choose the incoming server type and enter the imap.mail.yahoo.com or pop.mail.yahoo.com (whichever server you are using).
  • Enter the Outgoing server address (smtp.mail.yahoo.com).
  • Now press the next button.
  • If there is no error related to the send & receive, you need to press the finish button.

Check the port no & Encryption-

• Let’s jump back to the account setup on the outlook application.
  • Click on the Change or modify button.
  • Press the more settings button.
  • Now Click on the outgoing server tab, and check the requires authentication box.
  • Click on the advanced tab now, and Enter these port numbers. Incoming server- 993 (imap) and 995(pop), 25 or 465 for the Outgoing server.
  • Now press the ok button.

Update the outlook application-

If outlook settings are correct but still it won’t let you receive the new emails on the yahoo account, you should check for the software update. You can quickly update the application by visiting the microsoft’s official website or Microsoft store.

Disable the security and proxy programs-

Sometimes, yahoo mail users are not receiving emails on the Outlook application due to the security vulnerability issue.

The proxy, antivirus or firewall might be blocking the secure connection from yahoo. Due to which, Outlook can’t sync to the mail server.

So you should turn off these programs for 15 minutes, and then retry to access the webmail again.

How To Fix Yahoo Mail Not Receiving Emails On The Android?

Enable the internet- Firstly, you should enable the internet on the android phone. So you need to check the mobile data and wifi settings. 

• Open the settings
  • Go to the mobile data/ WIFI. 
  • Turn on the data/WIFI. 

Sign out and sign in the account on the android phone again-

• Open the settings.
  • Click on the accounts & Password.
  • Touch the yahoo account.
  • Swipe down and click on the delete account.
  • Now press the add account.
  • Tap on the yahoo account.
  • Enter the yahoo address and password and hit the sign in button.

Update the mail application to fix can’t receive emails on yahoo mail-

Sometimes, the yahoo mail not receiving emails because of outdated emails. So you should update the mail app.

• Open the play store.
  • Click on the menu.
  • Press the apps & games button.
  • Press the update button available next to the mail app.

If This doesn’t work, you should install the yahoo’s official application on your device.

Why Is Yahoo Mail Not Receiving Emails On iPhone? 

If you can’t receive the emails on the yahoo mail on iPhone. You should configure the yahoo account.

• Go to the settings on the yahoo account.
  • Click on the accounts & password.
  • Now tap on the accounts.
  • Tap on the yahoo account and press the delete account button.
  • Now press the yes option.
  • Press the add account button.
  • Select the yahoo from the list.
  • Put in the yahoo address and password and press the sign in button.

If that doesn’t help you, you should visit: Why am I not getting emails on yahoo account on the iphone?

Ajay Rathaur

I am a tech blogger who is always excited to write about technology. Especially related to routers, printers and computers, and email. Along with writing, I have also worked as a technical support engineer for 7 years.

This Post Has 6 Comments

1. Joan L. Delong

Why am I receiving emails on my yahoo mail account from my sister? If she sends me the same email on my outlook account. It appears in the mailbox with in few seconds. But I have been waiting on my yahoo account for more than 20 minutes, but my email is not available there.

2. Julie K. Gore

I can’t receive the emails on my yahoo’s inbox. These new emails are available in the spam/ junk folders. Can somebody tell me why is yahoo mail is skipping my mailbox? How to get my incoming emails on the inbox ?

3. Tara P. Thrasher

I was unable to get the new emails on my yahoo account due to the faulty reply to mail address. so I went to yahoo settings and click on the mailbox. now select the yahoo account,
    Now click on the yahoo mailbox and then enter your email address in the reply to address.

4. Aurora P. Householder

I can’t get the emails on my yahoo account since three days. When I refresh the mail application. It won’t show the new messages. Also, I can’t see any kind of error message on the mail application.

5. Rebecca D. Obrien

Why is yahoo mail not receiving emails from instagram? Instagram has sent me the password reset links on the yahoo account but they won’t appear on my yahoo inbox. Can you tell me where are they going ?

6. James K. Berge

I was not getting the emails from yahoo mail account from gmail. After reading your blog, I have figured out that I have marked all incoming emails from gmail as an spam. So I went to the yahoo mail filter settings and terminated all kind of filters.

Leave a Reply