Since smartphones (like- iPhone or Android phone) came in the market, Gmail users would love to access their email through their phones.
This is the most convenient way to monitor and respond to emails from anywhere. You don’t have to complete the login activity every time.
All you have to do, set up your Gmail account on iPhone once. Once you configure your google account successfully, you can access it by tapping on the mail app on your device.
But sometimes, When users tap the mail app, Gmail doesn’t work on their iPhone, they get some error message on their screen.
These error messages may be similar to the following errors:
- I can’t connect to this account.
- The app is not responding.
- Imap or pop error. (keep asking for password again and again)
These error messages show that there is a fault in settings or user login credentials. That’s why Gmail not on your iPhone using the Mail app.
How to troubleshoot the Gmail not working problem on iPhone-
Review the login info-
As we all know the universal rule to access any account, we must have to enter the valid username and password for that account.
The same formula applies, while you configure your Gmail account on the iPhone. If you don’t enter the correct password on your Gmail account, you may encounter the Gmail not working problem.
Also, If you have changed your Gmail password, but forget to update the password on iPhone, your device will not be able to communicate with the Gmail server anymore.
So you have to update the Gmail password on your iPhone using these settings.
- Let’s unlock the iPhone, and tap the home button on your iPhone.
- Touch the settings icon from the menu.
- Swipe up and tap on the Accounts and password option (in the old version, you will see mail, contacts, and calendars).
- Now visit the Gmail account from the accounts list.
- Under the password section, please enter the new password and tap the done key.
After updating the password, you should reaccess your Gmail account, let’s see if it is working now or not?
Review the notification message-
If you can’t sign in to your Gmail account using the iPhone, while you are setting it up. You should log in to your account on a computer and check the inbox.
If you see an alert message, it means, Gmail does not recognize the iPhone as your device. That’s why it is blocking the device.
Allow less secure apps feature on Gmail-
Gmail is very strict about security. They never want to let their users feel unsafe on their email platform.
That’s why they consider all kinds of third party mail apps less secure.
If Gmail is not working on your iPhone and giving you can’t sync to a server error. You should ensure that you have enabled the less secure apps on Gmail settings.
To do that, you need to follow this process.
- Go to the Google account settings on your computer.
- Click on the Security tab, and enable the less secure app protection.
- Once you will enable the less secure app, allowing the email settings.
Turn on the IMAP Or pop settings-
Let’s not forget to enable the pop or IMAP settings on your iPhone. This is the most common reason for Gmail not working on the iPhone problem.
- Let’s get into your Gmail account on your computer and visit the Gmail settings.
- Press the forwarding & IMAP/pop settings option.
- Now turn on the incoming server through which you want to configure your email account on the iPhone.
Check the Internet settings-
Please ensure that your device can access the internet. This is the common reason Gmail doesn’t work on the iPhone.
Users forget to enable mobile data or wifi on their device; that’s why the phone can’t sync to the Google server.
So you should connect your device to the internet, and then try to reaccess your google account.
Delete the google account and configure it again to fix Gmail not working on iPhone problem-
If you have already tried the above steps, but Gmail doesn’t work on your iPhone, you should delete the Gmail account from your phone and configure it again.
Procedure to delete Gmail account on iPhone-
- Let’s get back to the accounts & password in the settings again.
- Tap on your Gmail account from the list and swipe up.
- Touch the delete account button, and press the ok button.
Procedure to set up a Gmail account –
- Under the account & password option in the settings, tap the add account button.
- Choose Gmail or google as your email provider.
- Type in your name, email address, and password and press the next key.
- Now select the services you want to use for the Gmail and press ok.
Update the mail app on iPhone-
Sometimes, you may have Gmail, not working issues on the iPhone due to the outdated app. So you should update it properly.
To update the mail app, you can visit the app store. There you need to click on apps if you see an update required for the mail app. Press it now to update the app.
Install Gmail official app to fix Gmail not working on iPhone problem –
If Gmail still doesn’t work on the iPhone, you should install the Gmail official app on your device, and set up your account on it.
You may find the Gmail app on the play store; you can download it and install it on your iPhone.
So this is the process to fix the Gmail not working on the iPhone problem. If you have any other issues with your Gmail account, you may tweet @askprob or comment below.