Epson error code 0x69 are the most usual error codes, Users are reporting for. This error is generally seen in the workforce printer models like- WF-3640, WF-3520, WF7520 because of few reasons:
- cartridge motor is not working.
- Ink cartridge related issue.
- Blue tape is available in the printer.
- Driver files are missing.
- Windows issue.
Getting these kinds of errors fixed is easy. You need to make several changes to the printer and windows settings.
How Do I Fix Error Code 0x69 on the Epson workforce printer?
Power off the printer & cancel the pending jobs –
Let’s switch off the Epson workforce printer for half an hour and remove the power cord from it as well.
During this time, you should cancel the pending print jobs on the pc.
Once you complete the period, you need to power on your printer. Now give it a command to print the printer status report.
If your Epson machine is printing well, then your printer is error-free now. You can continue printing your desired files.
Check the cartridge motor-
When the cartridge motor cannot move, you will get the error code 0x69 on the Epson workforce printer. So you need to check the rotation path, ensure that there are no restrictions around it.
- Press the power button to switch off the Epson machine.
- Lift the printer header.
- Now Power on the printer and other obstacles, if any available.
- Now Power on the printer and check If the cartridge is moving or not.
- If the cartridge motor is still not working, you need to replace it.
Clean the cartridge nozzle-
Some Epson printers are printing blank pages or giving the error 0x69 due to the clogging issue. That’s why you have to clean the cartridge nozzle.
- Please power off the Epson printer once again, and do not touch it for 2 minutes.
- Open the printer panel, and take out the ink cartridge.
- Clean the nozzle with the help of cotton. Do not touch the electric surface while cleaning.
- Now install the cartridge back into the Epson machine.
Now restart the Epson machine and try to print something again.
Update Epson software & firmware-
If you have checked the printer settings but still can’t get the Epson printer out of error mode. You need to inspect the driver settings.
Some driver’s files may be missing; that’s why it is showing the error 0x69. So you should try to update the Epson driver.
- Let’s open the control panel window.
- Press the devices and printers option.
- Right-click on the Epson driver and press the printer properties.
- Press the maintenance tab, and click the software update button.
That’s it; your windows 10 pc will now start updating the software. During this time, keep your pc connected to the internet.
You can visit: how to update the Epson printer firmware to upgrade it.
Update the windows-
Apart from updating the printer software, please update the windows also.
- Go to the windows settings.
- Press the Update & security option.
- Click on the check for updates.
- If you see any updates, please press the download and install button.
Re-install the Epson Software-
After making certain changes, if your Epson printer cannot print and give you the 0x69 error, please uninstall the printer software from the pc.
- Open the programs and features window. (run >> appwiz.cpl >> press ok).
- Click on the Epson software, and press the uninstall button.
- Press yes to begin the uninstall process.
- Now follow the steps to remove the program completely.
Now reboot the printer and pc once. After that, download the latest Epson software and install it on the windows pc.
After making these changes, it must not have error code 0x69. If you still have that error, please talk to Epson support. They will replace the printer; it is in the warranty.