As soon as the technology is booming, printers are becoming the main gadget of our daily life.
Either you are a professional or student, everyone needs to print at least one page a day.
So we never want a printer that may create problems frequently, that’s why we trust using the hp wireless printer.
Hp printers are always good in behavior, and they can print and scan many documents by pressing one click.
If you have also owned a new hp printer but don’t know how to connect it to the hp printer.
Don’t worry about it, and this article will brief the setup process for hp printer. You can easily use it to connect your hp printer to the wifi.
Requirement For installation-
Before explaining the installation process, first, we need to talk about the requirement for connecting a hp printer to the computer.
- Network or wireless connection(only if you want to set up your printer as a network printer)
- USB Cable (for local printer setup)
- Hp printer driver setup (you will get it along with your printer)
- Desktop or computer.
These are the basic requirement for connecting the hp printer to the laptop or desktop. Now let’s go ahead and follow the process to set up it.
How to connect hp printer to the computer-
I am going to device this process into three steps. You need to follow all of them in the sequence.
Step 1- unbox the printer –
Let’s start with unboxing the hp printer. You should take out the printer, and all the equipment came with it from the box.
Place your printer on the table. Now connect the power wire from printer to the power board and turn on your printer.
Once, your printer will turn on, and you should power on your computer as well.
Step 2- Make the connection between hp printer and computer-
After completing the unboxing process, you need to establish the link between hp printer and computer.
If you want to set up your printer as a network printer, you need to connect your hp printer to the WiFi first and proceed to step 3.
However, if you want to connect your hp printer to the computer as a local printer.
You need to connect your printer to the computer via USB cable.
Step 3- Install hp printer driver –
Once you set up the connection, it’s a time to install the printer driver. So your computer makes itself able to print from the hp printer.
For that, you need to insert the printer driver disk into the computer and run it.
- Click on the connect a new printer.
- Once you run the hp printer setup disk, you will get the license agreement window. You need to accept the license and click on next.
- Now your computer will start installing the necessary driver for hp printer. It may take several minutes, so keep patience.
- After completing the installation process, you will be redirected to the chosen printer type, here, you need to select your printer connection type. Let’s say, if you are using a wireless printer, you need to choose your printer as wifi or network printer if you are going to use the printer via a USB connection. You need to select the local printer and press the next button.
- Finally, you will get an option to add your printer. So you need to select the hp printer and click on next.
- After finishing all these formalities, you will reach the product registration page. Here, you need to fill in your information and complete the task.
Finally, your printer would connect to the computer.
So this is the guide about how to connect hp printer to the computer. I hope it will be helpful for you.
If you need any assistance, please feel free to leave a comment.