In the ’90s and early 2000, Yahoo was the only company that was leading the whole Web industry. The company was ruling the industry like a king and providing revolutionary services to its users like- search engine, email, news, stocks, etc.
Yahoo email was one of the most popular email services in that era. They had almost 60% of email users on their side. While the rest, 40% were using other email services like- Hotmail, Gmail, and AOL, etc.
People who were using the yahoo email at that time, they never want to leave this platform. But later, yahoo has stopped updating its services as per requirement.
Due to this, users have started facing problems related to email services and security.
If you take a look at any email community, you will see more than thousands of yahoo users in a day complaining about email problems.
Also, few yahoo users want to switch to another email platform, but they don’t know how to delete it.
If you are also one of them, who don’t know how to delete your yahoo account permanently, you can read this article and follow these steps to get your problem easily fixed.
How to delete yahoo account permanently –
If you want to delete your yahoo account permanently, you can use the steps given below, but if you don’t want to delete the yahoo account from a mail app or smartphone, you can skip these steps. Scroll down and follow the steps given under the how to remove yahoo Account from iPhone, Android phone, or other mobile devices.
- Firstly, you have to sign in to your yahoo account using the web browser on your computer.
- Now visit https://yahoo.mydashboard.oath.com/delete-my-account on your pc.
- Press the continue deleting my account option.
- Once you hit this option, you will be asked to enter your yahoo password again. So you need to enter the yahoo mail password again and then press the enter key again.
- Finally, you will receive a confirmation before yahoo begins the termination process. Yahoo needs to click on yes.
After pressing the yes key, you will be logged out from the yahoo account automatically. Yahoo will take 40 days to delete your account, so do not log in to your account within this period.
If you log into your yahoo account, your email termination will get cancelled.
How to Remove the Yahoo account from iPhone-
If you want to add your yahoo account on the iPhone and want to delete it from the current iPhone, you can use this process.
- Let’s press the home button on your iPhone and tap on the settings icon.
- Swipe up and touch the mail, contacts, and calendars (in the new version, you will see accounts & password) option from the settings menu.
- Tap on your yahoo email account that you want to delete.
- Swipe up and click on the Delete account button.
- Now touch the yes button on the iPhone.
Through this procedure, you will delete the yahoo account from your phone only. It will not be lastingly eliminated.
Remove Yahoo email account from the android phone –
Just like an iPhone, If you want to remove the yahoo account from the android phone, you can follow this guide.
- Press the home or menu button, whatever you call it.
- Touch the settings icon and swipe up to reach the account and password.
- Now tap on your yahoo email account and tap the delete button.
- Finally, tap the yes button to delete the yahoo account.
So these are the steps to terminate the yahoo account. If you have any trouble in doing so, you may leave a comment below with an error message. So we can help you in fixing the problem.