Sometimes, people struggling through the brother printer won’t connect to wifi problems due to some reasons.
If you are also suffering from brother printer not connecting to wifi problem, do not annoy yourself, here in this blog, I am giving the entire solution to fix the wifi connection issues.
Rapid Direction To Fix The Brother Printer Won’t Connect To Wifi Issues-
Here are the quick directions to fix the brother printer wifi setup failed issue. Suppose you need a brief guide. You can skip it and scroll down to find the advance guide.
- Let’s review the username & password for your wifi network.
- Delete the current wifi profile from your brother machine, and rejoin the network.
- Let’s measure the distance between the printer and the computer. They should be within 10 meters of range.
- Boot up your computer, printer, and wifi router again.
- Confirm that your printer is running on the new firmware.
Advance Way To Fix The Brother Printer Not Connecting To Wifi Problem-
Step 1- Check over the wifi name & password-
The majority of brother printer users are dealing with the brother printer not connect to wifi problem due to the invalid wifi name or password.
They do not enter the correct network information during the wifi setup process on the brother printer. Let’s make sure you are not repeating the same mistake.
You may take a look at the wifi router admin panel and view the wifi details like- name, password, etc.
Step 2- Reset the network-
If you are unable to connect your printer using the correct wireless credentials. You can reset the network settings on your brother printer, and then reconnect your printer to the wifi network.
- Let’sLet’s turn on your brother printer.
- Press the menu (home) button and go to the network using an up and down arrow, press ok.
- Now select the reset network option using the down key, and press ok.
- Press the yes button on the notification.
Once your printer reset the network settings, You may begin the wifi setup process on your brother printer. Let’s see if your brother printer successfully connecting to the wifi network or not?
Step 3- Create a new wifi name and password-
If your brother printer won’t connect to wifi network using the current network name or password.
You may reshape the wifi name and password using the steps given below.
- Let’s open the router admin panel on your device.
- Go to the wireless settings.
- Erase the current wifi name, and type a new name.
- Now erase the current password, and type a new password.
- Finally, press the apply changes or save changes button.
Once you save the changes, you may connect your Brother machine with the new wifi name or password.
Step 4 – Keep your printer and router nearby-
Let’s begin with verifying the signal strength. You need to ensure that your printer is receiving good signals from the wifi router.
If you have weak wifi signals, it can cause the brother printer not connecting to wifi problem.
In case of a weak signal, you should put in your brother machine near your wifi access point.
Now let’s attempt to connect your Brother machine to the wireless network.
Step 5 – Use the Push button method-
After making the above changes, if your brother printer is still not connecting to the wifi network.
You may use the wps method to connect your printer to the wifi network.
- Press the wps button on your router. (you will get it under the wifi settings in the router admin panel)
- Now hold the wifi button on your printer for 5 seconds and release it.
Now leave your devices free for two minutes. So your router can find the brother printer and allow it to connect to the wifi.
Step 6 – Change the encryption type-
Sometimes, your brother printer won’t connect to wifi due to the encryption issue. When your adapter is not compatible with the WPA/ WPA 2 encryption type.
It will cause a problem; you should switch the encryption type from WPA/ WPA 2 to WEP 64 bit.
Now generate a new hexadecimal password for your wifi and connect your printer using this password.
To switch the encryption type, you may use the steps given below.
- Let’s go to the wireless setting on your router admin panel.
- Choose WEP 64 bit from the drop-down menu.
- Now type the key, and press the generate button.
- Finally, you will see a hexadecimal password. You can select it as a wifi password.
Step 7- Disable the 5 GHZ wifi network can solve Brother Printer Won’t Connect To Wifi-
If you are using a dual-band router in your network. You should disable the 5 GHz network from the wifi settings, and keep it running on 2.4 GHz network only. Now try to connect your brother printer through this wifi name.
To disable the 5 GHz network-
- Go to the wireless settings on your router admin panel again.
- Press the disable button available next to the 5 GHz network.
Step 8 – Switch the wifi channel to 9 or 11-
If your brother printer still doesn’t connect to wifi, it might be possible to broadcast an issue.
So, it would help if you changed the broadcasting channel of your wifi. Make it on 9 or 11. Now try to connect your printer through wifi again. Let’s see what does it say?
- Let’s go to the WIFI settings on your WIFI router again.
- Choose channel 11 from the drop-down menu, and press the apply changes.
Now let’s reconnect your brother machine to the WIFI network. Let’s see if the brother printer is connecting to the WIFI network or not?
Step 9- Update the printer firmware to fix Brother Printer Won’t Connect To Wifi-
If you are unable to connect your old brother printer. This may be happening due to the old firmware. So, make sure that your printer is running on the latest firmware.
So, it would help if you will upload the printer firmware. You can find the files from my brother’s official website.
Step 10- Factory reset the router-
After making these changes, if your brother printer still won’t connect to the WIFI network. You can perform the factory reset process on the router.
- Keep your router power on.
- Hold the reset button on your router for a minute.
- Now release the button, and reboot your router once.
Once your router is powered up, you need to set up your router with the new network name and password, and then try to connect your brother printer to the wifi.
Step 11- Reset the brother printer-
If you are still dealing with brother printer wifi setup failed error, you need to factory reset your brother printer.
To do that, you need to follow these steps.
- Press the menu button and go to the setup.
- Now select the reset option and choose the reset type as factory reset. Now press ok.
- Finally, you will see a notification press the ok button to confirm it.
Once your printer resets itself, you need to reconfigure it, and then reconnect your printer to the wifi again.
So these are the steps to fix the brother printer not connecting to wifi problem. Suppose you need any other help. Please let us know. We will help you in fixing teh issue.