In the modern era, everyone loves to connect their Epson printer through the wifi network.
They can put their printer in a corner, and print anything from their table or bed using the laptop or smartphone.
In a simple word, this connection method is beneficial. We don’t have to use the wired connection for printing.
All you need to do, connect your Epson printer to the wireless network, and enjoy printing.
But many are failing in the wifi setup process on the Epson wifi printer due to some basic mistakes.
If you are also facing the “Epson printer wifi setup failed” problem. you should not worry about it at all because This article is here to fix the network setup problem on your wireless printer.
So without losing more time, let’s start with the troubleshooting process to fix the problem.
Reason Behind Epson Printer WiFi Setup Failed –
- Wifi connection is dropping.
- Network SSID or passphrase is invalid.
- The network settings are conflicting.
- Firmware issue.
- Security problem.
Quick tips to fix Epson printer network setup failed problem –
- Ensure that your printer is placed within 8 to 10 meters far from the wifi access point.
- Let’s verify the network name (SSID) and password; maybe you are not entering the valid password. That’s why your printer can’t connect to the network.
- Power cycle your wifi router and Epson wifi printer once. Wait for 2 minutes. Now start the wifi setup process again.
Advance tips for troubleshooting the network setup issue–
Turn off the wifi for one minute and turn on it again-
If you can’t see your network SSID during the wifi setup, It means, your printer is unable to find your wifi.
That’s why the Epson printer wifi setup failed every time. In such a case, you should do the above things-
- Turn off the wifi on your printer once, wait for one minute and turn on it again.
- Place your printer nearby the router, now begin the process.
- Make sure; you have not disabled the broadcasting on your wifi.
Check Security Password-
Most of the time, we have seen people dealing with Epson printer network setup failed issue due to the security password. They do not type the correct password.
Ensure that you are not repeating the same mistake.
If you have any doubts about the wifi password, you may see it on your router.
- Go to the wifi settings on your router.
- Under the password section, click on the show password.
You need to type the password in the same format; then, only your printer will be able to connect to the wifi.
Reset the network settings-
Let’s reset the network settings on your Epson printer. Possibly there is an old network conflicting.
That’s why the Epson printer setup failed all the time. To reset the settings, you may follow the steps available below.
- Power on your Epson printer and give it some time, so it can make itself ready.
- Press the left and right arrow to reach the setup option and click ok button.
- Now Go to the default restore settings using the arrows and click ok again.
- Select the reset network settings and press the ok button.
- Now you will able to see the confirmation window, click on yes.
- Finally, your Epson printer will reset the network settings. Now you need to reboot it once.
After rebooting your device, you should connect your Epson printer to the wifi network.
Use WPS method for wifi setup process-
If you have reset the network settings but still unable to connect your printer to the wifi.
you should use the wps feature once. In this feature, you don’t have to use the password.
Everything you need to do, press the WPS button on your router and leave your device free for two minutes.
It will automatically sync with the wifi access point and connect with it.
For better understanding, I am sharing the connectivity steps.
- Press the home button once.
- Now hold the wifi button on your printer for three seconds.
- Press the WPS button on your wifi router.
Leave them free for two minutes.
If your printer gets connected from the wifi, you will get the successful connection message.
Otherwise, you will receive the failed message again.
Change the wireless channel –
Sometimes, people may encounter the Epson printer wifi setup failed issue, due to the wifi broadcasting issue.
When it does not get the strong signals from the wifi access point, Your printer may have some trouble in connecting to the network.
In such a case, you should change the wifi channel on your wifi router.
Make it on 9 or 11 first, and then try to connect to the wifi.
To change the wifi channels, you have to:
- Open the router admin panel.
- Click on wifi settings.
- Now select the wifi channel from the drop-down menu.
- Click on apply changes.
Change the security type-
Generally, the Epson printer supports all kinds of wifi security types, but if the setup is failing many times, you should change the wifi security type.
You need to replace the current wifi security with the WEP 64 Bit. Once you change it, you should change the wifi SSID as well.
Now let’s see if it is connecting to the wifi or not.
- Get into the router admin panel again.
- Click on wifi settings.
- Select the security type as WEP 64 bit.
- Make a new passphrass,
- Now create a new SSID as well.
- Finally, click on save settings.
Check Mac Address Filter-
If you have already tried the above steps, but still you are getting, Epson printer network setup failed issue.
You should check the mac address filter settings on your router.
You may have blocked the printer by mistake. That’s why it is unable to connect to the wifi.
- Open the router admin panel.
- Click on advance settings.
- Select the mac address filter.
- Remove the printer’s mac address.
- Now click on save changes.
Thank you for reading this article.