Hotmail not receiving emails account is one of the most unexpected problems, people may face any time.
This issue can occur on the Hotmail or outlook account due to the multiple reasons like-
- An email filter is landing the emails somewhere else.
- You have enabled the email forwarding by mistake.
- Your browser is unable to sync with the outlook server.
- Invalid account configuration.
These are the four most common valid reason behind not receiving emails issue. Now it’s a time to fix the problem, so follow the instructions given below.
Troubleshoot Hotmail Not Receiving Emails or can’t receive email on Hotmail problem –
An email filter is landing the emails on some other folders-
When you don’t get the new emails in the inbox folder. You should check the other folders like- spam, trash, etc.
If you can find your new emails into the other folder, you should go forward and check the email forwarding settings. Possibly, you have created an email filter on your Hotmail account. That’s your emails being routed to the other folders.
So you need to delete the existing email filters from your outlook account.
- Get into the Hotmail account on your computer.
- Click on the Settings icon and then click on view all settings available in the bottom of this menu.
- Click on rules option if you can see any rule. You need to click on delete button available on the right side of its rules.
- Click on the ok option, now press the save changes button.
Disable the email forwarding rule-
If your Hotmail account is not receiving any new emails from anyone. You should check the forwarding settings.
Possibly, you have enabled the email forwarding issue that’s why your emails are going to some other addresses, and you can’t receive them on your Hotmail account.
- Let’s go back to the view of all outlook settings again.
- Click on the forwarding tab.
- Untick the enable forwarding option and click on save settings.
Ensure that the sender is typing the correct email address-
If you are not receiving emails from a specific person. You should ensure that he/ she is typing the correct email address. The chances are they must be making some mistake in the email address. That’s why you can’t receive emails on your Hotmail account.
Hotmail server is down-
It does not happen very often, but sometimes, people face the Hotmail not receiving emails issue due to the invalid server issue.
When the server is under maintenance or down in your country, you can easily verify the server status by calling the outlook official team or chat with them.
Let’s try to access your Hotmail account via another web browser or computer. Now check, do you get any new emails on your outlook account?
If you are going to say yes.
This means, your browser is corrupted; that’s why you are not able to receive the email on your outlook account.
- Delete the cookies, history, and wrong extension from the web browser.
- Check for the recent update on the web browser if you found any update. You need to go ahead and update it.
Can’t receive the emails on Hotmail using mail applications-
If you can get your new emails on the Hotmail but unable to accept them on the iPhone, Android phone, or any other mail applications.
You should check the mail settings. Possibly, you have configured your account with the wrong details. That’s why it is unable to sync with the webmail.
So go back to the account settings and check if you have configured your account with these settings or not.
Incoming server for outlook account-
SSL type- yes.
Port no- 993
Outgoing server for outlook account-
SSL Type- Yes
Port no – 465
After using these tricks, you will start receiving emails on your Hotmail account.
Please let us know via comment, which steps worked for you