Reading all the emails from multiple Gmail accounts is not an easy task. Auto forward Gmail to another account can get rid of multiple logins and logout.
Simply, transfer all your multiple Gmail account’s emails at a single Gmail account. You don’t have to visit and open each google accounts.
There is a feature in Gmail, which is known as forwarding. With help, you can forward incoming emails to another Gmail or email account.
Before starting the step you need single time access both forwarding and receiving Gmail accounts. Whenever you have access read below to know how can forward the Gmail account messages to another account?
Forward Gmail to Another Email Account-
Note: You can use this feature using the gmail.com website on your computer or laptop only. This feature is not available on the Gmail mobile application. Turn on the Gmail forwarding settings-
- Let’s go to the gmail.com website using the computer or laptop.
- Sign in to your Gmail account using the correct email address and password.
- Now click on the settings (little gear) icon from the top of the mailbox.
- Choose ‘See all settings’ from the drop-down list.
- Now Click on the ‘Forwarding and POP/IMAP’ from the menu.
- Press the add a forwarding address button.
- Type the email address, where you want to forward your emails and push the next button.
- Now you will see a confirmation process message; you need to click on the proceed button.
- After pushing the proceed button, you need to log out from Gmail account and sign in to another email account, where you have forwarded your emails.
- Check the inbox folder; there you will receive a Gmail forwarding confirmation mail. Click on the link available in the mail, to confirm and start the forwarding settings.
- Now you have to log in to your email account (through which you are forwarding your emails) again.
- Go back to the forwarding & IMAP/pop settings.
- There you will able to see an option says, “Forward a copy of incoming mail to “, you need to select this option, and click save settings.
After confirmation, you will start receiving forwarding emails from Gmail. In case you have any difficulty in login in during the above process check the article How to fix Gmail sign in problem?
Forward specific emails to another email-
Use the filter option to forward some specific kinds of emails only. When you would apply a filter on your Gmail all the email won’t transfer except the chosen sender.
You may create a filter for chosen emails and forward them to other Gmail addresses using the below techniques:
- Let’s go to the Gmail account using the computer or laptop.
- Move to the settings option.
- Choose the ‘Filters and blocked address’ tab.
- Press the ‘Create a new filter’ button.
- Further, fill the options according to what you do want to block or transfer.
- Put a checkmark on forwarding its option, and select your email address, where you do want to forward these emails.
- press create a filter button.
Once you create a new filter, your selected emails will be delivered to another address. The rest of the emails will receive into the same Gmail account.
Turn off forward Gmail to another account-
In case of don’t want to transfer the emails, disable the Gmail forwarding function. To execute this, you may apply this guide:
- Open the Gmail account on your computer and go to settings.
- Click on the ‘Forwarding and POP/IMAP’ menu.
- Disable the forwarding option by removing already applied forward settings.
- Now, Click on ‘Save Changes’ to confirm the stop forwarding.
Some frequently asked questions by Gmail users –
Why am I getting forwarding notice on my google account?
When you enable the forwarding settings on your Gmail account, you will receive this message as a reminder. So you can remember that you have turned on the forwarding settings on your Gmail account.
Is it possible to keep the emails on my primary Gmail account and forward a copy of that mail to the other accounts?
Yes, you can keep a copy of your email on the original account. For this, you should select keep Gmail’s copy from the dropdown menu. You will see this option under the forwarding settings.
Points to Remember before Forwarding Gmail account-
Before doing any changes on your Gmail account need to know about it very well. Please read below to avoid unwanted issues.
Pros of forwarding Gmail account-
- You will be able to see your all incoming emails at one account.
- You don’t have to individually login your every account.
- Save lots of time.
Cons Of Forwarding emails on another account-
- If the forwarding feature is not set up correctly, you do not receive any emails on gmail account while your senders will receive a delivery failure message.
So, these are the pros and cons of forwarding emails. After applying ‘forwarding’ make sure it is working by sending a test email.
Further, you have any questions related to the forwarding or Gmail related issues, please give it to us via comment. We will answer it.