Suppose there were some emails in your Gmail account which was previously available in your inbox folder or an email folder but now it is missing from your Gmail inbox or other folder. If that email keeps some important information, then losing it can upset you very much.
In such a situation, you will search that email in each of your email folders and try to get that email as soon as possible.
Now if you find that email in junk or some other folder, then you will want to bring it in your old folder. But if you do not know how to move emails in Gmail from one folder to another, then you can take help of this article.
Techniques to move emails from One folder to another in Gmail on web browser-
- Let’s Log into your Gmail account On the Google chrome or any other browser.
- Click on the mail folder, where your email is currently available. In my case, My Email is present in the spam mail folder, so I am going to click on the spam folder.
- Put a checkmark on the email, which you want to move.
- Click on the Move to emails folder icon. It is available on the top of the mailbox.
- Select the destination folder from the list. In my case, if have chosen to move my emails into the Gmail inbox folder.
Finally, your emails will be moved. If you have any other emails, you move them easily.
How to move emails on the Gmail app-
Just like a browser, you can also move emails into the Gmail app from one destination to another. All you have to do, is follow the steps presented below.
- Open the Gmail app on your phone.
- Go to the mail folder, where your email is currently presented.
- Let’s choose the mail folder, and select the email as well.
- Now press the menu icon available in the top right side, and click on the move option.
- Select the destinated folder and press the next button.
Finally, your emails will be moved in other folder.
How to create a custom mail folder in Gmail?
In Gmail, we call it Label, to create a new label, you may follow the steps given below.
- Open the Gmail account on the computer.
- Go to the settings.
- Click on label tab,
- Scroll down and select the create a new label button.
- Give it name, whatever you want and press the save button.
- Now you can select the email address and press the done button.
Your new folder will be ready, you may move the new emails into it. If you want to receive some specific emails into this folder, then you may create a new filter rule for this.
How to remove Gmail label?
If you want to delete the label from your Gmail account, it will be easy to do. All you have to do is, take these actions:
- Go to the Gmail settings.
- Click on the Label tab.
- Look for the label, you want to delete, and press the remove button available next to it.
You may also visit: