Linksys is the most trustworthy name in networking. Setup Linksys router in a home or workplace creates a secure wireless network.
Linksys routers are coming with easy setup installation. It is user-friendly even you can configure Linksys router from mobile phones without cd or laptop.
Read all the describe details on the Linksys router installation below.
Setup Linksys Router Manually Or Without CD
Setup Linksys router without CD works for both new as well as old router. You need a pc or laptop and ethernet LAN cable to configure Linksys router.
Firstly, you have to make the cable connection with the router and pc then follow the steps given below. Steps also work to set up a Linksys router using a mobile phone.
- Unpack the new Linksys router and switch off the internet modem.
- Connect internet modem to the internet port(WAN) of the Linksys router via ethernet wire.
- Take another ethernet wire and connect it between the computer and one LAN port of the Linksys router.
- Please turn on the modem and router by inserting their power adapters into the electric outlet.
- Wait until Linksys router has a solid green or blue light. (If there is orange light, restart the modem and router)
- Now, go to the connected laptop and type Linksys router’s IP 192.168.1.1 on the web browser, then hit enter.
- It will reach to the Linksys connect or admin settings page.
- Type admin as username and find the password on the router’s back, then click login or ok.
- Go to ‘Setup‘ from the top menu and select Basic Setup.
- From the drop-down menu, select the internet connection type according to the internet service provider. First, ask about your internet settings from ISP, then follow the steps below:
- Automatic Configuration DHCP– It is a dynamic internet and doesn’t need any special internet settings. The router automatically finds and connects with the internet.
- Static IP– In the static IP setting, fill the information like IP address, Subnet mask, default gateway, and DNS servers given by internet service providers.
- PPPoE– The PPPoE connection works on username and password authentication. Fill in the username and password given by your isp.
Setup Linksys Router Wireless Security
- After configuring internet settings on the Linksys router, go to the ‘Wireless‘ tab from the top menu.
- Click on ‘Basic wireless settings‘ and select ‘Manual‘.
- Type your wifi name at Network Name SSID section and keep Network mode as mixed. Select Channel as auto and SSID Broadcast enabled.
- Next, click on ‘Wireless Security‘ from the upside menu and select WPA2/WPA Mixed mode from security mode.
- Type your wifi password in the ‘Passphrase’ section.
- In the last click on save settings and restart the router to apply changes.
Your router would install successfully and start connecting your devices to the Linksys wifi.
Install Linksys Connect Software To Set Up Your Router
Linksys Connect is an official Linksys company’s software to manage router’s settings. This software installs into pc and operated Linksys router from there.
Connect Linksys router with modem and pc then follow the steps to download, install, and run Linksys connect:
- Click on ‘download it from Linksy’s official website‘ and choose your Linksys router’s model number. (Find the model number series on the bottom of the router)
- Once clicked on the model number, it will redirect to the download page.
- Select the version number and click on download from ‘WINDOWS LINKSYS CONNECT SETUP SOFTWARE’.
- Linksys connect setup will start downloading and open it once finished.
- Check at accept the license and click on the Next button.
- Linksys connection windows will pop up on the screen; click on next.
- The installation process will begin once it reaches 25%, prompting a user name and password. Please write it down on a piece of paper and push the next button again. Do not change any username or password in the setup process; we can replace it later.
- Now Linksys router will start detecting the internet connection. It can take some time, so leave your computer free till that time.
- You will get a congratulation message on your screen once the setup process completes. At the bottom, you will see the close button; click on it.
Finally, your router would set up successfully. Now, register your router for the warranty by clicking register.
Problems During Installation
Linksys router can get some trouble during installation. Below are a few users mostly search issues related to Linksys router installation.
Error: “We couldn’t find your router”
Linksys connect setup can be stuck on the 25% and shows you ‘we couldn’t find your router error’ on the screen. This issue comes if pc is unable to identify the router in the network.
- In such a case, check the wiring between the Linksys router and modem.
- Disconnect the wire connection and check for the broken connector as well as the wire.
- Wait for a while, and reconnect the wires, and run again Linksys connect software.
Display Error: “Linksys router has been set up but not connected to the internet”
Generally, this error comes when your router can not identify the modem in the network or use the PPPOE, static ip connection.
Solution: After completing the Linksys router setup, login to the router’s admin settings. Go to Internet setup and change settings from dynamic to PPPoE or Static. Contact your internet service provider to know about your internet service type and configuration details.