Setup Linksys router in a home or workplace is not a tough task. You can complete the installation process efficiently by following this blog as well as don’t have the installation CD.
So, if you don’t know about how to set up the Linksys router? Keep reading this article until the end and follow the steps given to this article.
There are a couple of ways for the Linksys router setup. I am sharing the instructions with both of them here; you can choose any one of them and begin the installation process.
- Configure the Linksys router manually also called Setup Linksys router without CD.
- Use Linksys connect software to set up your router.
The requirement for installing the router-
- An active internet connection line.
- You need a computer or laptop.
- Ethernet wire.
So these are the three requirements for setting up the new or old router if you have these all three things.
You may now begin the installation process.
Setup Linksys router using Linksys connect software-
In this method, we will try to configure the router using the Linksys connect software. If you don’t have the Linksys connect software, you can easily download it from Linksy’s official website.
Now follow this process to install the Linksys router.
Step 1- Setup wire connection-
Firstly you need to connect your router to the modem and computer using the instructions given below.
- Unpack your Linksys router.
- Switch off the internet modem.
- Now Connect your DSL modem from the internet port of the Linksys router via ethernet wire.
- Take another ethernet wire and connect it from the computer to the LAN port of the Linksys router.
- Now insert the power adapter into your modem and router.
After powering on the modem and router, you should wait for a while until getting a solid green or blue internet light on your router.
You should jump to step two.
If you get the orange light on your Linksys wireless router, you should power cycle them once again.
Step 2- Run Linksys connect setup-
After making the connection, it’s time to install the Linksys wifi router.
Run the Linksys connect software on your computer and follow these instructions.
- Accept the license and click on the Next button.
- Now you will able to see the connection window, push the next button again.
- Now the necessary installation process will begin, once it reaches 25%, you will see the user name and password, you need to write that down on a piece of paper and push the next button again. Do not change any username or password in the setup process. We will replace it later.
- Now your router will start detecting the internet connection; it may take some time. So it would help if you left your computer free till that time.
- Once the setup process completes, you will get a congratulation message on your screen. In the bottom, you will see the close button, click on it.
Finally, your router will set up successfully. You may go ahead and register your router for the warranty manner.
How to set up the Linksys router manually?
If you can’t set up your Linksys wifi router using the Linksys connect software. Do not worry; you can set up it using the manual instructions.
For setting up the router manually, firstly, you have to make the cable connection, we have already explained about it in step 1. If you haven’t followed that yet, you may go ahead and create a connection using step 1.
Then follow the steps given below.
- Let’s start the web browser, and put 192.168.1.1 in the top address bar, press the enter button.
- You will reach to the Linksys connect page; you need to click on the I’ll configure my router later link.
- Now it will ask you to enter the username and password, so type admin as your username and password.
- Push the ok button now.
- Under the internet setup, choose the connection type, Like- If you have a static connection, you need to select the static connection and type the IP address.
- Now go to the wireless section and set up your username and password for the wifi. Click on apply changes.
Finally, your router will be installed successfully; you may go ahead now and start connecting your devices to the Linksys wifi.
Enjoy the internet now. Read more about Linksys router below: