I am getting IMAP aol not responding error messages on my iPhone. It comes When I try to configure my account. What can be wrong with the internet settings, and how Can I fix them?
When you get IMAP AOL not responding to the iPhone error message, it can be due to the application or server issue.
Generally, People struggle through Imap AOL not responding on iPhone due to the following reasons.
- Server issue.
- Account configuration issue.
- Application Issue.
Steps To Fix IMAP AOL Not Responding
So, here follow the instructions below and fix your imap.aol.com stopped working issue:
- First of all, you should check the server details. Make sure you have entered the correct server details and enable the SSL encryption type for it.
- Let’s Check the username and password for your AOL account again. Maybe you are entering the wrong username and password for your AOL account. That’s why your IMAP server cannot communicate with the AOL mail server, and it is giving you not responding error message.
- Reboot your iPhone and then open the mail application again.
- If you are still getting the IMAP AOL not responding error message, you need to delete the AOL account from the iPhone and re-add it.
Check Server configuration
You will get email not working issue if aol doesn’t configure correctly. Below are the IMAP server information for the AOL account so you can configure your account with that information.
Incoming server address- imap.aol.com
Port NO- 993
SSL Type- Yes.
Check Username and password
If you have made any mistake in typing the incorrect username and password, your email application will not log into your AOL account. This situation will create imap.aol.com, not responding issue.
So, check your username and password before typing. Turn on & off caps lock on keyboard according to your all password.
Update email app to fix IMAP AOL not responding
First of all, you should try to update the mail application. To update the mail application, you can try the instructions given below.
- Tap on the app store.
- Tap the update icon available on the bottom right side.
- Now, look for your email application if you can see the update. You need to go ahead and update it.
- Once the update process completes, you need to reboot your iPhone once.
- Open the mail application after rebooting the iPhone.
If it is still showing you the imap.aol.com not responding error on iPhone, proceed to the next step.
Remove the account and re-add it
In this process, you need to delete the AOL account from the iPhone and add it again.
- Open the menu and tap on the settings icon.
- Tap on the mail, contacts, calendars.
- Under the accounts section, you need to tap on AOL.
- Finally, you will see an option to delete the account. You need to click on it to delete the account. Once your report is deleted, you should reboot your phone and then add your account again.
Note- Do not forget to check the internet connectivity on the iPhone.
Let’s install a third party mail application on your phone and configure your account there. Now, check if your email is working or not. In case you struggle with sign-in issues, visit: how to fix the AOL mail login problem.