Press the power button of the Lenovo laptop, and the fan has started spinning. Instead of loading windows, the Lenovo laptop shut down suddenly. If it is happening over and over, this article will help you.
Normally Lenovo Thinkpad does not shut down randomly. A laptop itself shuts down due to overheating as well as viruses. You can fix the laptop shut off the issue by yourself once you understand the reason behind it.
Reason Why Lenovo Laptop Is Shutting Down Itself:
A laptop can shut down itself to protect its parts from damage. Whenever the laptop starts heating over the damage level of hardware, it can shut off itself. Overheating can occur due to dust as well as hardware damage.
Sometimes it found Lenovo laptop can reboot suddenly by an unwanted application installed in it. Users may download and install unwanted software into their Thinkpad unwillingly.
Spammy software seize memory space and start unwanted processing in a hidden way. This unwanted processing can hang your operating system, and the processor gives a command to restart the pc.
A faulty or damaged hardware part may also be the reason for restarting your Lenovo Thinkpad. Read all the possibilities below to fix the Lenovo laptop shut down suddenly problem.
Cleaning Dust Can Fix Sudden Restart Issue With Lenovo-
The spinning Fan inside of the laptop works as a coolant and maintains the processing temperature. Follow the steps below to clean the Fan:
- Turn off the laptop and remove the charger.
- Unplug the battery and flip-down towards the backside.
- Find and remove all the tiny screws of the laptop. Remember and keep safe all the screws.
- Carefully remove the back plastic panel or cover of the laptop.
- In some laptop touch and keyboard must remove before the back cover. So, take care at the point of back cover removal.
- Unscrew the HDD and remove the RAM by sliding the holding notch.
- Blow all the dust from the Fan using a dust blower.
- Spin the Fan by hand to check to find any dust particle stuck in it. Remove the dust particle carefully if there is.
- Close the back cover and screw it properly.
- Plugin the battery and start your Thinkpad.
Put your hand in front of the exit air of the spinning Fan and confirm the blow of air is normally. Use your laptop, and if it is working fine, you are good to go otherwise go to the next solution.
Removing Virus and Junk Files Can Solve Lenovo Turn of the issue-
Keeping safe your Thinkpad from unwanted application and virus are the most challenging part today. Spammers always target new tricks to install the messy application on your laptop and destroy everything.
Everyone must remove junk files and viruses from their laptop to keep them safe. Follow the steps below to delete virus and junks:
Remove Junk Files-
- Press the Windows+R keys together and get the Run dialogue box on the screen.
- Type ‘temp’ and press ok. A window will appear with some files.
- Select and delete all the files.
- Again Open the Run box using Windows+R and type ‘%temp%’ into the Run box of your Lenovo laptop.
- Same as above, select all the files and delete them.
- Open Run dialogue and type ‘prefetch’ and tap ok.
- Click on ‘Continue/Yes’ and a window will appear with some files.
- Please select all the files and delete them permanently.
- Now, Right-click on the ‘Recycle Bin’ icon and scroll down select ‘Empty Recycle Bin’.
If your Lenovo laptop still doesn’t turn on, you should proceed to the following settings.
Remove Unwanted Application-
- Click on the Windows logo from the start menu and go to ‘Settings’.
- In the settings, select ‘System’ and go to Apps & Features from the left panel.
- On the left, you can find all the installed applications in your Lenovo Thinkpad.
- Choose the unwanted or unused applications and uninstall them.
- After removing all the applications, restart the laptop.
The virus can cause Lenovo laptop shut down automatically issue-
- Removing viruses can go through a trustworthy antivirus.
- Microsoft has already provided inbuilt security into the operating system, but it will work well when your Windows is genuine and properly updated.
- First, choose a trustworthy antivirus and buy its subscription.
- After subscription, they will guide you about their product installation and
- Scan your full system and remove all the viruses which your antivirus flags unwanted.
Lenovo Laptop Shut off Due To Hardware-
RAM can be the main hardware behind a sudden shut down of the Laptop. A faulty or about to faulty RAM always create problem-related with display and speed. RAM is a volatile memory and responsible for all the online activity.
Further, a display screen can suddenly shut off due to the crash or fault of RAM. So, replace the RAM and check are you have shut down the problem with Lenovo Thinkpad.
Change Battery and Charger To avoid Lenovo laptop shut down suddenly-
An old laptop battery gets a decrease in voltage and power. If your battery is faulty, it can show charged full unless it is not if a laptop battery sensor getting low voltage will turn off the Laptop to save other components.
For Lenovo, laptop battery issue read Why Is My Lenovo Laptop Battery Not Charging? Article.
The same thing happens in the case of a charger. Your Laptop and battery may permanently dead if you are using a copy or repaired charger. Always use the original charger. You can buy it from Lenovo Chargers from the formal website.
So these are the steps to fix the Lenovo laptop shut down suddenly issue. If you have any questions, you can ask us on Twitter or via comment below.