Whenever you are searching Netflix not working on Roku indicates, not able to stream any Netflix video. The device you are using for Netflix can be your TV as well as mobile.
Further, we will discuss Netflix streaming issues with Roku on TV as well as the solution.
As per search results, users tried to find the streaming problem with Netflix on the different types of devices. So some example is like as below:
- Netflix not working on Roku smart TV
- Why isn’t Netflix working on my Roku TV?
- Netflix app not working on Roku tv.
- Netflix pictures not loading on Roku
Sooner or later, you would get the problem with your Netflix TV screen, as shown above in the image. Read the article below to know in detail about the issue and its solution with your Netflix.
Why Netflix Stop Working On Roku TV:
Roku is an audio-video streaming device through which we play applications on a smart TV. Apps like Netflix, Youtube, Hulu, Prime Video, Spectrum TV, Sling TV, streams online using internet connection.
Due to a network issue, mostly, these applications stop streaming. Problem with synchronization between Roku and the app also causes stop playing videos. Sometimes the problem becomes related to a particular streaming application.
So, with the help of the next article, we will discuss all the possible ways and its solution to fix the streaming problem with Netflix on Roku.
Troubleshooting On Netflix Not Working On Roku Problem:
We can start streaming Netflix again after diagnosing the issue. As already described above, there is no specific point to find the issue. The problem could be with your internet, device hardware as well as application company.
We have to check all the possible ways mentions below step by step to solve the issue:
- Check internet network speed supports streaming.
- Reconnect with Internet
- Restarting the Netflix and Roku connections
- Reinstall Netflix application
- Restart home wireless network connection
- Check the internet with a modem.
- Check the wireless signal strength.
- Update Roku device firmware
- Reset Roku on factory default
Before proceeding to the solution steps, write down your Netflix account username/email as well as password. So, if you don’t know your account information read See Your Netflix Password While Logged In.
Verify Internet Speed To Fix Netflix Not Working On Roku:
Online streaming applications need fast internet speed with less legacy time. You will face the streaming issue while internet speed is not up to the minimum requirement. High pinging or legacy time creates a lag between streaming video.
Netflix officially has described its streaming internet speed. According to that, a Netflix video can play over 3.0 Mbps internet speed. Although at this speed, only the SD quality of the video can be played. For more details, you can check Netflix internet connection speed recommendations.
Check internet speed via Netflix application-
You can check your internet speed through Netflix by following steps.
- Go to the Netflix home screen by using the remote.
- Drive-up and open Settings or tap the gear icon.
- Note-Your device does not support this feature if you do not find the gear icon.
- Scroll the options and select ‘Check your Network.’
- The Netflix app will start to verify the connection status between the internet and Netflix servers. During this, it will also check your internet speed.
- After connection and speed verification, it will ensure that your internet speed is sufficient to stream the video and movies.
Check internet speed via an external website-
Whenever you are using mobile for Netflix, can’t perform speed test through the Netflix application. Netflix recommends the external website Fast.com for mobile testing.
You can also use the fast.com website for checking internet speed on your PC or Laptop. If speed is low contact internet providers to increase the speed of the internet.
Reconnect Roku With The Internet:
It is possible due to network connection fault Netflix won’t stream smoothly. In this case, we need to reconnect Roku with the internet.
Disable Wifi on Roku:
- Go to the Roku home page.
- Open settings using remote
- Select System than advanced system settings
- Now, the open device connects.
- Find the option ‘Disable Device connect’ and press OK.
- Roku will disconnect from wifi internet network.
Reconnect Roku with Wifi:
- Restart the Roku device and press the ‘Home’ icon button on the remote.
- Go to settings then select Network using the Roku remote.
- Select ‘Set Up Connection,’ and a new screen will display.
- Select Wireless Or Wired according to the preference of your home network.
- In wired, it doesn’t need any password and connect automatically with the Router(LAN cable must connect between router and Roku).
- In wireless selection, Roku will start searching and display all nearby Wifi networks.
- Select your wifi network name, and it will prompt a box for a security key or password.
- Type your wireless password in the box and tap to connect.
- Wait for connection confirmation with the router.
Restarting the Netflix and Roku connections:
Re-establishing the connection of Roku can resolve the streaming problems. So, you just need to exit from the Netflix app and turn off the device(Roku) for a few minutes.
Further, turn on Roku and connects with the internet. Open the Netflix application on TV, and try to play any video or movie.
Reinstall Netflix application to avoid Netflix Not Working On Roku:
Reinstalling Netflix in Roku can solve not a streaming issue. Follow the simple steps to reinstall Netflix-
- Press the Home icon button on the Roku remote.
- Move the cursor on the Netflix app and press the star(*) key on the remote.
- Scroll down to “Remove channel” and click on remove again to confirm.
- Netflix application has removed from Roku.
- Further, select Streaming Channels from the home screen.
- Select the category Movies & TV and choose Netflix.
- Click on “Add Channel” and within a few minutes, the Netflix app would install on Roku.
- After completing the installation, open the Netflix app and Sign in to your Netflix account.
- If you have trouble signing a password, read the article Change Netflix Password.
- Try to play movies and videos to make sure it is working now.
Restart all home radio network connection:
Turn off all the network devices like router, modem, as well as Roku and smart TV. Now, wait for a couple of moments to connect the net by power on Roku.
Once Roku would connect to the internet wifi, open Netflix and play some videos. This method called the power cycle of the device, and in most cases, it solves the problem.
Check the internet on the modem:
In some cases, the user finds the problem with the wireless router. Some changes in router settings or hardware issues also occur Netflix not working on Roku.
It is also possible you maybe not getting the internet from your internet provider. In this case, follow the steps to check the internet connection first-
- Unplug the LAN cable between the router and modem from the router side.
- Connect this LAN port with any other LAN devices like desktop/laptop, even Roku.
- Connect Roku with the modem directly using LAN cable on the back of the Roku.
- Now, restart the connected modem and Roku.
- Wait for a few seconds to establish the connection and try to play some videos on TV using Roku.
- In case Roku doesn’t play, contact your internet provider.
Check the wireless signal strength:
A weak wireless signal can break the data transfer. Internet data can be damaged or crash over weak wireless signals, and Netflix stops running on Roku.
The wireless signal depends upon sender device strength as well as the distance between devices. If the receiver is far enough from a sender, it makes interruption on data transmission.
So, in the case of Roku, it troubles in the video if it is far away from the wireless router or modem. To solve the issue, increase your wireless home area using range extender. You may also install Roku within a good range of wireless networks.
Update Roku device firmware:
In this technology era, everything gets an update with their respective owners. You may get firmware updates on Roku as well as Netflix. These updates contain some security patches with the latest technology.
Devices with different updates can create trouble while playing videos. You must check for the update on both Netflix as well as Roku.
Normally, devices get the self-update while connected to the internet although you can check manually by applying the steps below-
- Go to the Settings menu from the Roku home screen.
- Scroll down the settings menu and select the System option.
- Press the ‘Software Update’ and click on the Check Now.
- The update process will start to check and install updates for both the Roku and all the installed applications.
- It will download and install the latest firmware updates if available.
- Further, restart Roku and start using Netflix once the update would finish.
Reset Roku as factory default to fix Netflix Not Working On Roku:
Resetting the Roku factory default makes it like new as the company made it. This must-try in the last because it may harm your Roku device.
Have to reinstall all the streaming application into Roku after changing factory default.
Before proceeding to make Roku as the factory default, write down all the information like username and password on the paper.
- Reach to Roku home screen and open settings.
- Now, go down to the system menu, then advanced system settings.
- Pick the option factory reset.
- TV screen prompts a space to type a security password for proceeding. Check the password code on the same screen below or the back of the Roku device.
- It will take a few minutes, and the Roku device would reset as a factory default.
- Go to network settings and connects Roku over the wireless network again.
- Further, restart the device and install your channel from the search menu using the ‘Add Channel’ service.
- During the reset process, Roku will get the latest firmware installation if the device connects on the internet through a LAN cable with the router.