The Netgear router setup process is straightforward. To install it on your network, you don’t need any advanced tech experience or equipment.
If you follow this guide thoroughly, you can set up your router easily without any issue.
Requirement For Netgear router setup-
Before sharing the steps for installing the Netgear router. Let’s discuss the basic need for installation.
- Internet connection (with configuration details)
- Ethernet wire.
- Laptop or computer.
These are the three items; you need to set up your Netgear router. Now it’s a time to configure your router.
So follow the steps available below.
- Unbox the router.
- Take out the power cable from your modem.
- Lets Plugin the DSL modem from the internet (WAN) port of the router via ethernet wire.
- Insert the power cable into your modem, and power it on.
- Now turn on your Netgear router as well.
- Connect your Netgear wifi router to the modem using LAN settings or wifi settings.
- Wait until you see the steady green or blue light. If you receive the amber light, you may visit: fix blinking internet light issue on Netgear router.
- Open the browser on your computer, and type routerlogin.net.
- Now you will able to see, Congrats, you are connected to the internet message, here, you need to click on take me to the internet button.
- Finally, your router will be setup. you may go ahead and register your device to claim the warranty.
Install Netgear router using a mobile phone-
If you don’t have a computer and you want to set up the Netgear router using the mobile phone.
You may follow this guide to fix the problem.
- Attach your wireless router to the modem.
- Now Connect your phone to the Netgear router using wifi feature.
- Download & install the night walk app into your phone.
- Now launch the app and follow the procedure.
Once you follow the procedure, your router will be successfully installed. you may go ahead and set up your router now.