If you can’t sign in to your Gmail account because you forgot and can’t reset Gmail password. This guide will help you to set up a new password for your Gmail or Google account.
You must need to have to access at least one recovery option for changing a new password. Without a recovery option, Google can’t verify the ownership of the account.
Change Your Gmail Password Through Settings
In case you can log in to your account, but want to change your password for the security purpose. Please use these steps to create a new password.
- Start login with your Gmail account using any web browser.
- Go to the account settings, and click on the security option.
- Tap on the password section, and enter your current password to sign in again.
- Finally, enter here a new required password and click on the save or apply changes.
If you don’t have a computer and want to change the password through a smartphone: you can visit this link: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/41078?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en&oco=0
Use another Gmail’s recovery method to verify your account to create a new password
If you don’t have a phone to verify your email account, do not worry, there are several other ways to change the password on google account.
- Go back to the Gmail recovery form and provide the new contact email address and next.
- Input your last used Gmail password and press the next button.
- Once you see the phone number as a recovery method click on the ‘try another way’.
- Now choose the method through which you can verify your account quickly.
- Further, enter the code, which you got there, and press the next or verify button.
- Finally, you will reach the reset Gmail password page; please enter your new password here.
Method to reset your Gmail password by phone number-
- Let’s launch google chrome or any other web browser on your computer. In case, if you can’t load the Gmail on the chrome, dissolve the cookies and other data of your browser.
- Please type gmail.com address in the top address bar and press enter.
- Next, enter your email address (for which you want to reset the password) and press the next button.
- Now enter the last past (that you remember and it was working fine then), and press the next button.
- Choose the recovery method email to verify your email address. If you choose a phone as a recovery method, you will get a code over the call or text.
- Enter that code in the form and press the next button.
- Finally, you will get a window to create a new password for yourself. You need to create a new password for your google account now.
Note- do not share this new password with anyone else. Keep it secret to maintain privacy and security.
Let’s Talk About The Recovery Type
Email address- In this method recovery email will use for account recovery. You will get a recovery code on the email address, which you did set up for the account recovery.
Security question- in this method, you will not get any code; it will ask you the answer to several questions, which you have set up earlier for the verification.
After using these tricks and techniques, you will be able to generate a new Gmail password for your google account.