Linksys router firmware is software which operates all the security connection and data transfer. So, it is very important to update Linksys router firmware from time to time.
An outdated firmware creates problem-related security and router efficiency. The latest gadgets and devices perform well with compatible firmware.
Requirements To Update Linksys Router Firmware:
Basic things which are necessary for upgrading the firmware-
- Uninterrupted high-speed internet connection.
- Electricity backup during firmware upgrade.
- A desktop or laptop.
- Linksys router with admin access.
Guide To Update Linksys Router Firmware:
There are two ways to update Linksys router firmware. The first is an automatic update and the other one is manual.
Auto Firmware Update:
Auto-Updating firmware is quite easy. All you need to do, just follow the instructions-
- Connect Linksys router with the modem using ethernet LAN cable as well as with pc or laptop.
- Check on pc you are getting internet.
- Now, go to the browser address bar and type 192.168.1.1 or check on the back of the Linksys router.
- Type username ‘admin’ and password either ‘admin’ or ‘password’.
- Linksys router setting page will open and go to Administration then Firmware Upgrade.
- Click on the Check for update and it will start updating if available.
- In case of can’t see ‘check for update’ do the manual update from below.
- Get the latest Linksys router firmware download.
- For firmware download go below the firmware download process.
- Power on your Linksys wifi router and computer.
- Connect your router and computer via ethernet cable.
- Let’s open the router admin panel by typing 192.168.1.1 on the browser address bar.
- Go to advance settings and click on the firmware.
- Now, choose the router firmware and select download firmware file from pc.
- Next click on apply as well as ok.
The process to download Linksys firmware:
Now let me tell you the process, how will you find the correct firmware.
- Go to https://www.linksys.com/us/support Linksys official website.
- In the search box type router’s model number and search it.
- Here, you need to click on ‘DOWNLOADS FIRMWARE‘.
- Now, select the hardware version of the Linksys router firmware.
- Find version number on the back or bottom of the router.
- Choose the correct firmware version as well as click on download.
- A firmware setup will download.
It might possible after upgrading the firmware, the router needs to re-setup again. For setting up read How To Setup a Linksys Router.
Don’t upgrade the router’s firmware until it is necessary. Upgrading the firmware is an easy process but needs to be very careful.
Restart the process in case firmware up-gradation gets failed. Make sure about no interruption of the power outage and internet connection during updates.