Gmail website not loading, Is one of the most trending issues for Google Chrome users. If you take a look at the Google product forum, you will see many chrome browser users are reporting about the same problem.
The majority of the people say Gmail won’t load on Google chrome on a specific computer, meanwhile, if they use another network or browser like- internet explorer, Firefox, etc. It works perfectly fine.
If you are reading this article, I assume you are also struggling with the Gmail not working problem.
If I am right?
Do not worry, use this guide; you will resolve your problem by yourself without having assistance from anyone else.
Are the reasons behind Gmail not loading in Google chrome?
When Gmail doesn’t load on Google chrome browser, It can be due to one of the following issues.
- Internet issue.
- Extensions are blocking the connection.
- Unable to resolve the DNS.
- Security issue.
- Browser related issues.
How to Resolve the Gmail website is not working problem-
Check the Internet Connection –
Whenever you are unable to access the Gmail website on a computer, you should check the internet connection first.
To check the internet status, you may try to access other websites on your Windows or Mac computer.
If that website works fine, it means there are no issues with your internet status, in such a case; you can jump to the next step.
However, if you are unable to access other websites as well, you need to troubleshoot the internet connection.
Delete the Old Cookies –
Sometimes, Chrome may be unable to load the Gmail website due to the old cookies.
So you should remove the old Cookies, History from your browser and then revisit the gmail.com website.
To remove the cookies and history files, you may follow these instructions.
- Launch the Google Chrome browser.
- In the top address bar, type Chrome://history and press the enter button.
- Choose Clear browsing data option from the left menu.
- In the time range section, you need to select All time from the drop-down menu.
- Check all three boxes.
- Now press the clear data button.
Now your browser starts cleaning itself; this process may consume a few minutes. During that, don’t close the browser.
Replace Current DNS address with Google’s DNS address-
When Gmail won’t load in Chrome, and giving you one of the following errors?
- Err_Name_ resolve.
This error comes, When the DNS server is not responding on your computer. In such a case, you should replace the current DNS address with Google’s DNS address.
For Windows Users-
- Launch the Run Box, type NCPA.CPL and press the Ok button.
- Now Right-click on the network adapter (whichever network you are using) and select properties.
- Select TCP /IPV4 and press the properties button.
- Choose to Use the following DNS address radio tab.
- In the primary address tab type- 126.96.36.199
- In secondary DNS address section type- 188.8.131.52
- Now Click on apply and ok.
Now reboot your computer once, and then reload the Gmail website.
For Macintosh Users-
- Proceed to the Network Preferences.
- Select your network adapter and press the advanced button.
- Select the DNS tab from the menu.
- Press the Plus Button to add a DNS address. If you already have an entry under the DNS address section, you should remove it by pressing the – button.
- Type 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 as your primary and secondary address, Now press the apply button.
Once you add the new DNS address, It’s a time to reboot your mac pc. So you restart it once, and then start accessing the website.
Disable Proxy server on your browser-
If Gmail won’t load on your google chrome browser and giving you the privacy error.
It means a proxy server or VPN program is running into your computer, which is blocking the secure connection.
That’s why Gmail is unable to load on your browser.
In such a case, you need to disable the Proxy server into your computer and uninstall the VPN software or extension.
To Disable the proxy server in google chrome, you may use these tricks.
- Launch the google chrome, and move to the settings.
- Scroll down and click on the advanced button.
- Type proxy in the search settings; once you will able to see the proxy option click on it.
- Now turn off the proxy server, If it is enabled.
Now reload the Gmail website, If it still gives you the privacy error. you may visit: a guide to troubleshooting your connection is not private error in google chrome?
Update the Java settings-
If the buttons are not responding on the Gmail website, you should update the java files.
Most probably, java is demanding for an update on your pc. That’s why button are not responding on your pc.
So you should remove the java files from your computer, you may easily update the java on windows computer by visiting the control panel >> java >> update.
After updating the java, you should refresh the page and press the buttons on your Gmail account. Let’s see if it is working now or not.
Update The Bookmarks-
If you are unable to open the website through bookmarks, you should type the gmail.com manually into the browser and press enter.
If the website opens without any issues,
You should update the bookmarks into your computer; you should remove the old Gmail bookmark and create a new one.
Check for the chrome update –
You should never neglect to update the browser. When you do not update the browser very often. Google Chrome will not be able to work correctly.
To update the browser, you may follow these instructions –
- Let’s launch the google chrome, type chrome://settings/help and press enter button again.
- Now If you see any update available. you should click on the update button to update the browser.
Reset the chrome browser-
If you have already tried the above instructions but still Gmail won’t load on your chrome browser.
You should reset the google chrome settings and configure it again from the beginning.
You may use these steps for resetting the Chrome browser:
- Open the Chrome browser, type chrome://settings and press enter.
- Click on the advanced button again.
- Scroll down and choose the restore settings to the original default.
- Now you will see a pop-up window, Click on reset settings.
Finally, your browser will reset itself. Now you need to restart your chrome browser once and then try to reload the Gmail website.
Install a new browser-
If you have already tried the above, still the chrome browser isn’t working. you should uninstall the browser.
Now download the latest chrome setup and install it into your computer.
After applying these techniques, you would be able to resolve the Gmail won’t load on google chrome browser issue if you have any other problems related to the Gmail or chrome browser. Please let us know. We will help you in resolving the obstacle.
You may also visit: