Hp laptop is not turning on, can be one of the most irritating problems when you need to use it badly. This issue can occur on any computer, whether it’s a new or old laptop.
Talking about the reason behind it, it can be due to multiple reasons.
- Battery Is Dead.
- DC connector is unable to supply the power.
- The charging adapter is faulty.
- Hardware Issue.
Troubleshooting Steps To Fix Hp laptop Won’t turn on Windows 10
Let’s starts with simple steps by which anyone can start their hp laptop.
- Let’s remove the battery from your laptop and plug it in the charging adapter. Now press the power button to turn it on.
- Remove the battery and charger both from your hp laptop. Now press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to drain the laptop’s stored power.
- Next, release the power button and connect the charger and see if it is turning on or not.
- If your laptop’s processor fan is spinning but can’t see anything on display, clean the laptop ram and then turn it on.
- If your laptop battery is unable to charge, you should replace the charger. Let’s see if it is turning on finely or not.
Laptop’s Battery Is Dead
Have you checked the laptop’s battery? It might possible laptop battery is not able to take the load of the laptop. For confirming remove the battery and connect the charger to your laptop. Now, try to turn on the laptop, if its starting windows means the battery is dead.
Also, If you have an extra battery try to replace it for a while, and insert the new one. Now see this battery is letting you turn on your laptop or not.
DC Connection is unable to supply the power
After checking the battery and charging adapter, it’s time to examine the DC connector on your hp laptop. The chances are DC connector is burnt on your computer. That’s why it is not supplying power.
Further, remove the DC wire from the laptop and examine it if you find it broken or burnt. You need to replace the cable.
If you can see the charging lights and power lights on your hp laptop but still not turning on. You should check the Processor fan is free to spin.
The processor fan must be running freely without any issue. Somehow if it is not running, you need to do the following things.
- Open the back lid of the hp laptop and remove the processor fan.
- Clean the Processor fan and motherboard and then install it back in.
- If you hear three short beeps and one long beep, this means, there is a hardware problem with the processor configuration.
Check the Power Button
Do not forget to check the Power button? Most of the time, People are unable to power on their laptops due to this button.
You should do the following steps to repair the hp laptop power button.
- After pressing the power button laptop always produces a clicking sound. If not, you need to replace the power button.
- Let’s remove the power button top and clean the original switch with the help of an eraser.
- After following all these steps, if your laptop doesn’t turn on, change the power card of your hp laptop. You can quickly get it online by typing the model number of your computer.
Change The RAM Slot
Remove the ram from the installed existing slot and install it into the other available slot.
Now turn on your laptop. If it is still not turning on. You need to replace the RAM.
Power IC Issue
Power IC’s fault on the motherboard is a very common reason if the laptop won’t turn on.
In such a case, visit the nearest hp service center and ask them to repair it.
So these are the instructions about how to fix the hp printer that doesn’t turn on the problem.
I hope your laptop would work fine and this article helps you. In case if you have any questions. You may ask them through the comment box. We have a specific category for Hp product, visit https://www.askprob.com/category/hp.