When you give a print command to print a document or image for your brother printer, it gives you an output of a completely blank page.
It can be considered as one of the most severe problems. Usually, it happens due to the ink cartridge issue, but apart from this, there can be some other causes for this problem. Here in this blog, I am sharing the techniques to solve this problem. You may use them to get rid of your problem.
The reason for getting partially or completely blank pages as an output-
- Low ink label.
- Cartridge issue.
- Printer Driver settings problem.
- Communicate the gap between printer and computer.
Useful tricks to fix the brother printer printing completely blank pages Issue-
Let’s Copy something through your printer-
When you give the print command from your windows or mac pc and your brother printer printing blank pages.
If it does copy perfectly, it means the driver settings are not accurate. That’s why your printer is unable to print text or images on the paper.
Check the INK status-
If you receive a completely blank page while you try to copy as well, you should inspect the ink level on your printer.
I feel there is an empty ink cartridge on your printer. That is causing the printing blank pages issue on the brother printer.
To view the ink level, feel free to use these steps.
- Turn on your brother printer >> touch the menu button.
- Choose the ink management option on your brother printer and push the ok button.
- Now tap the ink volume option from the management menu and tap on the ok button again.
- Once your printer displays the ink level, you may push the stop button.
If you see the ink level is low or the cartridge is empty. It would help if you replaced the ink cartridge.
Also, If you can print color text but cannot print blank text through brother printer, it indicates the cartridge related issue. In this situation, you should inspect the ink-cartridge and reinstall it.
Re-insert the ink cartridge or toner-
If your brother printer has begun printing blank pages after placing the new cartridge.
It could be due to the wrong installation process of the cartridge. Probably, you have not placed the ink cartridge correctly. That’s why it is printing completely blank pages.
So you should remove the ink cartridge from your printer and install it once again.
- Open the ink cartridge cover.
- Pull down the cartridge lock lever, and remove the cartridge.
- Now put it back in, and pull up the lock lever, once it will be locked, you will hear the click sound.
After completing the ink cartridge installation process, you may give a new print command. Let’s see if it is printing this time or not? Sometimes, you may not be able to print due to the toner or drum error, in such a case, you should reinstall the drum correctly.
Clean the print head-
If the ink has been moistureless on the print head, it can be the biggest reason for brother printer printing completely blank pages issue.
So you should clean the print head on your brother printer using the steps given below.
- Press the menu (home) button on your brother wifi printer, and go forward to the ink option using the up and down arrow key or touch feature.
- Select the Cleaning option using the arrow keys and press the ok button again.
- Choose the black color first and push the clean or ok button.
- Now Choose the other color cartridges option and push the clean button.
- Finally, press the cleaning option.
Fix Print Alignment-
Several times, you may get the blank page as an output due to the wrong paper size or alignment settings. When these settings are not correct,
So you should adjust the alignment settings by using these tips.
- Go to the ink option from the main menu on your brother printer.
- Hit on improving print quality options and push the alignment option available there.
- Choose the paper size using the up and down key, which you need to align.
- Now hit the basic alignment option, and load the paper in the tray again.
- Finally, press the start.
If the brother printer is printing the text correctly, it means, the alignment has been set up correctly. If it doesn’t print yet, go to how to set up alignment in brother printer? And use the steps to set up alignment again.
Uncheck the keep printed document option –
If your brother printer does print partially blank pages from a Windows pc only, while it works fine on mac pc.
It will be helpful if you untick the printer printed document option.
To do that, you need to follow these instructions,
- Let’s jump into the printer properties (Start >> Control panel >> devices and printers >> right-click on your printer properties )
- Press the advanced option available in the top menu tab.
- Press the printer process button available at the bottom and select the WINPRINT from there.
- Put a check on the RAW option on the default data type.
- Push the ok key.
- Under the advanced option, uncheck the keep printed document option.
Now do a test print from windows computer again. Is your brother wifi printer still printing partially blank pages?
It happens very hardly; sometimes, the brother printer starts printing blank pages due to the transmission (communication) issue.
So check that your computer is reachable to the printer. This will help you in troubleshooting the printer.
If you don’t find your printer connected to the wifi, you may visit: why is my brother printer not connecting to wifi?
Uninstall the printer driver-
if you have tried the above steps but still getting blank pages as an output from your brother printer.
You should uninstall the brother printer driver and install a newer version of the driver into your computer. It will help you to troubleshoot the printing completely or partially blank pages issue.
To uninstall the printer driver from a Windows computer, you may follow these instructions-
- Let’s jump into the program and features on your windows pc. (start >> control panel >> program and features )
- Select the brother printer driver and click on the uninstall button.
- Push the yes button to begin the process and follow the steps.
Once the driver is removed from your windows computer, you have to reboot your computer and install a new brother printer driver.
For mac users-
if your brother wireless printer is still printing blank pages from mac pc, you should trash the printer property from mac pc and add it again.
- Click on the apple icon.
- Click on the system preference.
- Hardware >> printer & scanners.
- Select the printer and press the minus button.
Once you remove the printer, you may install it again.