Asus routers are mostly used for high-speed internet connection. They can handle a fair amount of traffic and work on the networks.
These routers are mostly used by gamers to stream their games online, So they can enjoy the online games without worrying about wifi connection.
When you set up the Asus router, it will rarely cause some problems, but you may sometimes encounter the Asus router not working problem.
When your Asus router stops serving the internet to your devices, you should verify the router settings. It is easy to fix the router.
You have to do the process given in this post.
Complete Guide to Fix Asus router not working problem easily
Check the wiring-
When your Asus router shows a blinking or solid orange internet lig
ht, you should check the wiring between your router and modem.
- Let’s ensure that your modem is connected from the WAN port of the Asus wifi router.
- The cable & connector should be in good condition; they should not be broken.
Powercycle your modem and router-
- let’s switch off the modem for 35 seconds, and power it on.
- Now turn off the Asus router for 35 seconds and then turn on the wifi router.
Now, wait until you see a solid green or blue light on the modem and router.
Monitor internet connection status-
Whenever your Asus router is not working, you should verify the internet connection status on your modem.
Are you getting the internet from them or not? To verify the internet status, you can use these tricks.
- Disconnect your Asus router from the modem.
- Now remove the power cord from your router.
- Let’s connect your modem directly to the pc.
- Restart the modem & pc now. Do not restart the router.
- Now let’s try to surf the websites on the computer.
If you can’t access the internet directly from the modem, it means there is an issue from the ISP side.
In such a case, you have to talk to the ISP team.
Check the internet connection settings-
If your modem is serving the internet, but your Asus router is not working, you should check the settings.
Maybe you have set up your router with the wrong settings. That’s why it has stopped working.
So you should check the ISP settings and update them. Here i am sharing the instructions to set up the Asus router with Static ip connection.
- Let’s make a connection between router, modem, and computer.
- Now launch the browser on your pc and input 192.168.0.1 in the address bar, now press the enter key.
- Input the login details for your Asus router and press the login button.
- Look for the WAN settings option from the left menu.
- Select Static ip from the drop-down menu. If you have another connection, you choose that one.
- Now type the Ip address or required info, and press the apply button.
Now your Asus router will reboot itself, wait for 2 minutes, and then see what color of light you can see on the router?
When your modem and routers obtain the ip address from the same subnets, it may cause the Asus router to stop working.
In this case, you have to change the ip address of your router using the following guide.
- Let’s open the Asus router admin page again.
- Bring up the LAN settings option from the menu.
- Now replace the current ip address with 10.0.0.1 and subnet with 255.0.0.0
- Press the Apply button to save changes.
Clone the physical address-
Sometimes, your modem might not be able to identify the router. That’s why you might be suffering from Asus router not working problem.
In such a case, you should copy the address of your pc.
- Connect your Asus router to the pc by ethernet cable. Do not use the wifi connection.
- Now open the Asus router admin page and go to the LAN settings.
- Push the DHCP Tab from the top menu.
- Select your pc under the mac address option and press the + button to add it.
- Finally, press the apply button to make changes.
Overheating can cause the Asus router not working problem-
If your Asus wifi router has stopped working and start working automatically. In short, it is dropping the connection.
It may be falling due to the overheating issue.
In such a case, you should power off your Asus router for 20 minutes.
Now restart the router and start using it.
Also, when you are not using the router, please consider switching it off. So it will cause the overheating issue while you are working.
Update the software-
Apart from the router settings, you may sometimes have the Asus router not working trouble because of the software issue.
That’s why you should verify that if there is any update pending for your router, you should download it from the official website and upload it on your router using these tricks.
- Let’s go to the router control panel again.
- Bring up the administration tab and click on the firmware upgrade.
- Look for the upload option and pick your file.
Finally, your router will start upgrading its software; this process may take some time, not power off your router.
Factory Reset the router-
After using the above tricks, if your Asus router is not working yet, in this case, you have to factory reset the router and set it up again.
There are two methods to reset your Asus router-
- Hold the reset button on the router for 55 seconds via Pin.
If you cannot reset your router via the reset button, you can go to the router admin panel and follow these settings.
- Bring up the administration tab again.
- Click on the restore/save and upload settings.
- Now push the restore button.
Once your Asus router reboot, you can configure your Asus router again.