Are you getting brother printer in error state message on the windows 10 pc? Usually, this error has been seen in the USB printers when your pc can’t find the printer.
Besides this, this error may also occur because of printer or driver settings.
- USB cable is not malfunctioning.
- Papers are not organized in the tray properly.
- The printer spooler service is not working.
- USB drivers need to be updated.
- Windows or driver demands for an update.
You can fix a printer in error state problem by own. Just make these changes into the windows 10 and brother printer. Your machine will start working fine after that.
What is the process to fix brother printer in error state Problem on Windows 10 Computer-
These steps are also valid for Windows 7 or other Windows OS; if you are another version of windows, you can still use them to fix the error state problem.
Cancel all print jobs-
- Double click the Printer icon available in the windows taskbar menu.
- Right-click on the print jobs waiting to be print, and click on cancel.
- Do the same for other documents as well, if available.
Inspect the USB Connection-
Let’s look over the connection between the brother machine and pc. They must be attached via USB wire. If your printer is connected to the pc, it keeps displaying can’t recognize this device; please make these changes.
- Restart the Windows 10 Pc and brother printer once.
- Remove the USB wire and connect it again.
- Confirm that the USB wire is not defective.
- Change the USB wire if you have an extra wire.
Update the Universal drivers-
If you can’t recognize this device after using the new USB cord, you should update your printer’s Universal drivers.
- Start the device manager. (in windows 10, Type device manager in the search box >> press the enter button).
- Expand the Universal serial bus controller option.
- Right-click on the USB driver and press the update driver button.
- Now press the “search automatically for the driver update” button.
Finally, your windows 10 pc will start looking for the update, and it will install the latest update.
You can reconnect your printer via USB wire and check it is still showing the not recognize the error. If yes! You need to restart the printer again.
Run printer troubleshooter-
If you don’t find any issues with the USB Connection, the Brother printer still keeps displaying an error state message on windows 10.
You can run the printer troubleshooter to identify the issue and fix the problem.
- Let’s open the control panel on the windows 10 pc. (type control in the search box >> click on the control panel).
- Look for the troubleshooting option and click on it.
- Press use a printer option available beneath the hardware and sound option.
- Press the next key to detect the problem.
- If you see any suggestion, you need to press the “apply this to fix” button.
- Now your printer will automatically try to resolve the error. Once this process completes, you may press the close button.
Check for the paper jam issue-
please confirm that the paper tray is installed correctly into your brother’s machine. Also, check there should be no broken paper inside the printer.
So remove the paper tray and check the printer carefully; if you see any paper inside it, you may take it out. For more help, you may visit: how to fix the paper jam issue on brother printer?
Restart the spooler services-
In some cases, brother users get the printer error state message because of printer spooler services. You should also restart this service on your device and then re-print something.
- Let’s jump into the windows service manager (input services in the windows search box >> click on the services option from the result).
- Look for the printer spooler service, select it, and press the stop button.
- Right-click on the printer spooler service, and click on the properties.
- Select the service type automatic and push the start button.
- Now click on the ok button.
Once you restart the spooler services, you may retry to print the test page.
Update the printer drivers-
If the brother printer is still showing the error state message, you should restart the printer settings; you need to update the printer driver settings.
Or you may also uninstall the current printer driver from your printer, Go to the brother’s official website, download the recent version, and install it on your pc. how to install brother printer on windows?
Check for the windows update-
Sometimes, the windows might be unable to detect the brother printer due to the patch issue. If it gets updated, the error state message will disappear from pc.
If there are any windows update pending, please go ahead and update it.
To update the windows,
- get into the windows settings.
- Click on the updates and security.
- Press the check for update button.
So those are the ways to fix the brother printer in error state problem in windows 10. I am assuming you can print the docs now.