We all want our hp printer to work fine all the time. So whenever we need to need to print something. We can give the print command and get the printed hard copy as an output.
However, being an electronic gadget, it may give you some errors sometimes. Hp printer keeps going offline is one one of them.
Every day, there are millions of hp printer users. Who is complaining about the same issue?
That’s why today, I have decided to write an article on how to get hp printer online on computers. So without wasting time, let’s go ahead and fix the problem.
Troubleshoot hp printer keeps going offline problem-
- Firstly, you need to ensure that your hp printer is not in the sleep mode. If you see an orange power light, you need to press the home button to wake it up.
- Let’s restart your computer and hp wireless printer once, and wait for two minutes.
- Ensure the wifi connection on your printer; if you see a green wifi light, then your printer is connected to the wifi if you see the orange or yellow wireless light. You need to connect your hp printer to the wifi.
- Both devices (computer and hp printer) should connect through the same network.
Advance guide to getting your hp printer online –
If you have used the basic troubleshooting steps, but still your hp printer says offline. Keep calm yourself. We have some advanced tricks to fix the problem.
Set your hp printer as a default printer-
Most of the time, people get the hp printer is offline error just because they give the print command to the wrong printer.
The easy way to ignore this mistake: you need to set your hp printer as the default printer. So whenever you give the print command, your computer will automatically send it to the hp printer.
To set your printer as a default on windows computer-
- Go to the control panel.
- Click on the devices and printers.
- Right-click on your printer and click on set as default.
Now try to make a test print. Let’s see if it is printing or not?
Disable the computer security programs –
Sometimes, security programs can block the communication from the hp wireless printer. That’s why your hp printer keeps going offline on windows 10 pc.
So you need to turn off the security programs including firewall for a while, and then try to print. Let’s see if it is allowing you to print or still giving you an offline error message.
Reinstall the printer-
If you have used the above instructions but still you are unable to get your hp printer back online, uninstall the printer driver from your computer and install it using the latest setup.
After doing this, your printer will be online, and you will not have hp printer offline problem anymore.
Apart from that need any other help, please feel free to leave a comment. We are always ready to assist you.