This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Norberto Ruecker .
- February 12, 2019 at 3:50 pm #1737
Why is my Epson printer keep going offline? I have to print many documents every day. It works for me for a while and then starts saying offline again. How can I troubleshoot this Epson printer offline problem?February 13, 2019 at 3:31 pm #1741
Judy C. BattisteParticipant@judy
Usually, people get Epson printer offline error, when their printer is not available in the network. So you should check network connectivity.
Also, you should reboot your printer once. now try to print something, let’s see is it still giving you an offline error or it is working fine now?February 19, 2019 at 2:13 pm #1772
A few days behind, I had an Epson printer offline problem. That moment, I used several tricks to fix it. Here, I am sharing them with you. It might help you.
- I turned off the printer, computer, and router for one minute, and then power them back on.
- Once I got home to display on my Epson printer. I Went to wifi settings to be sure about the wifi connection. there I found, My printer was dropping the connection due to low signal quality. That’s why I was going through the printer offline printer.
So place My printer nearby my wifi router, and then connected it to the wifi.
Now It is working fine for me.
In case, If you couldn’t connect your Epson printer to the wifi. please visit:February 19, 2019 at 2:27 pm #1775
Lenora K. YagerKeymaster@admin
Hi Therese Murray,
Here I have some tricks for you to fix Epson printer offline problem. You should try them once.
Set Your Printer As A Default Printer- before printing something from your printer. you should try to set up your epson printer as a default printer.
To do so, you need to go to the control panel and click on hardware and properties. there you need to right-click on your Epson printer and set it as a default printer.
Delete Existing Printer property and Add a new printer- if your epson printer property is not highlighting in the control panel. you need to right click on it and click on delete.
once you will delete the printer. you need to click on add a printer and follow the process to add it once again.
Once you will add the printer successfully, you should try to print something. I am sure, you will not get the Epson printer offline message anymore.May 1, 2019 at 1:59 pm #2566
James L. HammerParticipant@james
A few days ago, I had Epson printer says offline problem. I had tried all these steps. later I found, my computer and printer were not in the same network.
that’s why I had an Epson printer offline problem.
If your Epson printer also says offline. you should review the network connectivity status.May 4, 2019 at 1:48 pm #2638
Here is the complete Guide to fix the Epson Printer Offline Problem. you are dealing with Epson printer says offline. I would recommend you to follow these instructions.
Guide 1 – Check Network Connection-
Firstly, You need to be sure about the network connection. Be sure your printer is connected to the WiFi properly.
If your Epson printer will be connected to the WiFi. you will get the green or blue WiFi light on your Epson WiFi printer.
If it wouldn’t be connected to the WiFi. you will get solid orange, gray or sometimes no light on your printer.
Once you find the printer connected to the WiFi. you should check the computer status. be sure your computer is also connected to the same network.
Guide 2 – Set your printer as default printer –
- press the Start (Windows icon ) button, and go to the control panel.
- Click on devices and printers
- Right click on your Epson printer property and click on set as default printer.
- Again right click on your Epson printer and click on printer properties.
- Now click on the print test page and press OK
If your Epson printer prints any paper. this means your Epson printer says offline problem has been resolved.
otherwise, proceed to guide 3.
Guide 3- be sure you have not checked the use printer offline option-
Sometimes, we select the use printer offline option by mistake. which can be the reason behind the Epson printer offline problem.
So whenever your Epson printer keeps saying offline. you should check for that particular option. for that, you can follow the given instructions-
- Go to the control panel and devices and printers again.
- Right click on the Epson printer property
- Be sure there no check on use printer offline option. if the check mark is available. you need to remove it from there, and then print something.
Guide 4- Check Security Programs –
Disable the antivirus and security programs for a while. now check if your printer is allowing you to print something or not.
To disable the firewall and security program, you can follow these instructions-
- Go to the control panel again.
- Click on windows firewall.
- Now click on Turn on or off the firewall
- Here, you need to click on turn off the firewall radio button and click on apply changes.
- After disabling the firewall it’s a time to disable the antivirus. so you need to right-click on your antivirus icon (you will get it in the bottom taskbar)
- Click on turn off the security for 15 minutes.
Once the security programs will be disabled. you should try to print something.
if you can print something from your printer. this means, your antivirus or firewall is blocking the printer.
that’s why you are getting Epson printer says offline error message. but if you can’t print anything. you should enable the security again to proceed to the next guide.
Guide 5 – Uninstall the printer and reinstall it
After following the above steps. if your Epson printer still offline. You should uninstall the printer from the device manager and re-add it. to do that, you can follow the instructions given below.
- Go to the program and features.
- Click on the Epson printer driver.
- Now Press the uninstall button and follow the procedure to uninstall the printer.
- Once you will uninstall your printer. you just need to reboot your computer once.
- Now insert the printer setup disk and follow the printer setup disk to set up your Epson printer.
|You must be logged in to reply to this topic.||Log In|