Why Is IMAP AOL Not Responding?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Brenda R. Guerro .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Author

Judy C. Battiste
    Participant

I am getting imap.aol.com not responding error message on my Iphone. It comes When I try to configure my account.

What can be wrong with the internet settings and how Can I fix them?

John N. Ellis
    Participant

When you get IMAP AOL not responding on the iPhone error message, it can be due to the application issue or server issue.

But do not worry, Here I am sharing the instructions about how can you troubleshoot the imap.aol.com not responding issue.

1. First of all, you should check the server details. Make sure you have entered the correct server details and enable the SSL encryption type for it.
    2. Let’s Check the username and password for your AOL account again. Maybe you are entering the wrong username and password for your AOL account. That’s why your IMAP server is not able to communicate with the AOL mail server, and it is giving you not responding error message.
    3. Reboot your iPhone and then open the mail application again.
    4. If you are still getting the IMAP AOL not responding error message, you need to delete the AOL account from the iPhone and re-add it.

Kay N. Grijalva
    Participant

Generally, People struggle through Imap AOL not responding on iPhone due to the following reasons.

1. Server issue.
    2. Account configuration issue.
    3. Application Issue.

So here I am sharing the instructions about how to fix imap.aol.com stopped working issue.

Check Server configuration – 

When you do not configure your AOL on the phone using the correct information. It may lead you to the not responding problem.  Here  I am sharing the IMAP server information for the AOL account. You need to configure your account with that information.

Incoming server address-  imap.aol.com

Port NO- 993

SSL Type-  Yes.

Check Username and password- 

If you have made any mistake in typing the incorrect username and password, your email application will be unable to log into AOL account.

This situation will create imap.aol.com, not responding issue.

Brenda R. Guerro
    Participant

Are you still having IMAP AOL not responding problem?

If your answer is yes! Don’t worry; here I have some basic tricks to fix the problem. You can try it to fix the issue.

Update email application – 

First of all, you should try to update the mail application. To update the mail application, you can try the instructions given below.

1. Tap on the app store.
    2. Tap the update icon available in the bottom right side.
    3. Now look for your email application if you can see the update. You need to go ahead and update it.
    4. Once the update process completes, you need to reboot your iPhone once.

After rebooting the iPhone. You should open the mail application if it is still showing you the imap.aol.com not responding error on iPhone.

You should proceed to the next step.

Remove the account and re-add it- 

In this process, you need to delete the AOL account from the phone and re-add it.

1. Open the menu and tap on the settings icon.
    2. Tap on the mail, contacts, calendars.
    3. Under the accounts section, you need to tap on AOL
    4. Finally, you will see an option for delete account. You need to click on it to delete the account. Once your report will be deleted. You should reboot your phone and then try to add the account again.

Note- do not forget to check the internet connectivity on the iPhone.

Brenda R. Guerro
    Participant

Let’s install a third party mail application on your phone and configure your account there. Now check if your email is working now or not. in case, if you struggle with sign-in issues. you can visit: how to fix AOL mail login problem

• Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log In